I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Watergate. I booked the hotel mostly because of its location and place in history. It is a short, nice, easy walk from the Foggy Bottom-GWU metro stop.
1. Lobby is beautiful and well air-conditioned.
2. Showed up at 9:00 AM and was given my room even though check-in is at 3:00.
3. Great water pressure in the shower.
4. Nice toiletries.
5. Staff is helpful and polite.
6. The rooms are very spacious.
1. My first room was over 80 degrees! The cooling system was malfunctioning, but they did change my room.
2. In the second room, the thermostat read 78 degrees, but the air conditioning cooled the room and the reading of the thermostat was incorrect.
3. The rooms are old and need to be updated. Some of the materials in the room still read "Swissotel" which was the old operator of the hotel.
4. There were stains on the carpet and bedding.
5. The exterior of the Watergate complex needs updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Watergate Hotel, a luxurious urban resort located along the banks of the Potomac River. Completely rebuilt over the course of 18 months, the hotel will once again welcome guests this summer. Individual reservations will be accepted starting this spring, and group business is currently being contracted for September 2015 and beyond. Steeped in history, located centrally and convenient to all forms of transportation, The Watergate Hotel, will soon offer superior service to travelers and guests of the nation's capital. With an updated vision of mid- century modern architecture, this historically significant structure provides an environment that guests will find gracious and modern. With numerous food and beverage venues, The Watergate Hotel offers something for everyone. Our newly designed roof-top bar features panoramic views of the city complimented by our menu of craft cocktails and beers or our exemplary wine list. With a view unrivaled by any other in the city, it will soon become the hottest venue in town. Located on the lobby level, our whisky bar will offer a more intimate setting, while the dual concept restaurant will offer a choice of casual fare or a more formal dining experience. For those wishing to dine in the privacy of their own luxurious guest room or suite, or perhaps on their private balcony overlooking the sweeping city views, in-room dining will be offered on a 24-hour basis. The newly envisioned guest room at The Watergate features all of the amenities that you would expect to find in our luxurious setting. From all marble five-piece baths and lush Italian bath amenities to carefully selected linens and finishes, are rooms are a true urban oasis. Upscale coffee makers, fully stocked mini bars, state of the art technology and artful design all compliment the sweeping views of the Potomac River, which is enjoyed from 95% of our rooms. The newly renovated Watergate brings back the era of fine dining, luxurious accommodations, and gentile service focused on the comfort of our guests. When seeking a place to call home in Washington, DC, return to an era of mid-century modern in our hotel where history will once again be created. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Watergate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.