I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Watergate. I booked the hotel mostly because of its location and place in history. It is a short, nice, easy walk from the Foggy Bottom-GWU metro stop.
1. Lobby is beautiful and well air-conditioned.
2. Showed up at 9:00 AM and was given my room even though check-in is at 3:00.
3. Great water pressure in the shower.
4. Nice toiletries.
5. Staff is helpful and polite.
6. The rooms are very spacious.
1. My first room was over 80 degrees! The cooling system was malfunctioning, but they did change my room.
2. In the second room, the thermostat read 78 degrees, but the air conditioning cooled the room and the reading of the thermostat was incorrect.
3. The rooms are old and need to be updated. Some of the materials in the room still read "Swissotel" which was the old operator of the hotel.
4. There were stains on the carpet and bedding.
5. The exterior of the Watergate complex needs updating.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Watergate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.