“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Rome, Italy
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is just fine. There is everything needed except for the housekeeping and the restaurant inside but this is only for this season as I read while staying there. Rooms are a little small but with a comfy bed. Breakfast is good. There is parking if you book with the "free parking" option as I did. It's close to the National Mall which is important, you can just walk there in 10 minutes.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
CapskyGM, General Manager at Capitol Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you fro your comments.

I'm glad to read that you found our location to be very near to the areas you wished to view.

We are 5 blocks to the US Capitol, 3 blocks to the Washington Nationals Stadium and less than a mile to the Air and Space museum.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Well...if you have other options, I'd consider them.

The hotel is easy to find, easy to get to, and a 10 minute walk to the Metro. But that's about where my favorite things end.

Pros
Right off the highway and 10 minutes from the metro.
View of the Capitol was very nice
My room was clean and cable was decent

Cons
No restaurant beyond breakfast even though advertised on website
Wifi was snail slow
No coffee maker in the room
Room has mismatched decor, like an old holiday inn
Shuttle was elusive - we showed up twice right at 8am, and it was already gone

All in all, for a quick trip and a clean place to lay your head fine. For work travel, not sure I'd recommend. Staff were fine but didn't really go out of their way to be helpful.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I will share your comments with our staff, they're our greatest asset.

We are located 5 blocks to the US Capitol, 3 blocks to the Washington Nationals Stadium and less than a mile to the Air and Space museum.

Bochum, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were very happy with the service. The staff was very, very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was okay, but due to an allergy I cannot consume dairy, I was sad to not find soy or almond milk at the buffet. I was very happy that the staff working the breakfast offered me to have some of the soy milk he brings for himself.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that our staff was very helpful and even offered you their soy milk.

I will share your comments with our staff. Our staff is our greatest asset.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hi booked this from LA just off net... Good Staff Jess and Mic very helpful for a first time visitor to D.C.. Nice healthy buffet, great Gym and taxis at the front door.Wonderful people and Fantastic sites... The room was comfortable and thoughtfully styled. I was on the sixth floor and the higways were 800 metres away but it was quiet!! The little disconnects like the free wifi doesnt work but it is only $6.95 to upgrade... Whats to worry about... I have literally travelled around the world and I would give this 7 out of 10 for friendly staff like Maurice in the dining room and the Hot showers which work. The bed was beautiful!! Cheers Keep sailing Voltaire

Room Tip: Ask for the Capital Blding side...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
CapskyGM, General Manager at Capitol Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments. I'll share your comments with our staff particularly Jess, Merice and Mic. Our staff is our greatest asset.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the bed in your room. We receive many compliments on our comfortable beds.

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm actually still checked in there and sitting at a bar at a different hotel, waiting to eat dinner- as this hotel has neither there. Other things it doesn't have? Working WiFi, yet I got it "Free" with my booking. Also no coffee makers in the room, but you can buy a cup in the breakfast-only restaurant for $2. There are no cabs outside so you do have to order one at the front desk and wait 15 minutes to get picked up as well, so if you are here on business prepare for this.

I would never stay here again unless I don't need to eat or use internet.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
I'm sorry your stay did not meet your expectations.

Our complimentary shuttle service makes evening stops at nearby restaurants.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for two nights at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. The staff at the reception was extremely friendly and helpful. They provided maps, gave advice on where to eat, where to buy an SD card/umbrella etc.
Our room was very spacious, clean and had a great view on the Capitol. The windows were thin though and we heard quite a lot of noise (mainly police sirens).
The Capitol is within walking distance and there are metro stops nearby. Very convenient. We ate out in Chinatown and got back by metro (it ran until 2 am on Friday). There aren't many restaurants within walking distance but that didn't bother us.
We paid 190 dollars for two nights with free parking but booked quite late (the day itself). Too bad the breakfast is not included (it was 28.23 for 2 people, taxes included). We had the breakfast buffet one morning and it was great (especially the freshly baked waffles yum).
If we ever return to Washington DC and cannot find anything cheaper or if we are looking for some luxury, we would definitely go back to the Capitol Skyline Hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I'll share your comments with our staff. They are our greatest asset.

I'm glad you found our location very convenient to get around DC. Our breakfast buffet offers something foe everyone, from fresh fruit to hot and cold foods and especially the made to order Belgian waffles.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had travelled down from new York after spending the day in Philadelphia so it was quite a late arrival and the roads were very busy (with a lot of police). We think there may have been something at the stadium, which meant on the first night the roads were very noisy.

The second night was quieter although there are a lot of police in the area which does make it noisy.

Due to this hotel not being in a great area (it feels quite rough walking around at night) there were not very many eating options so we ate at the hotel. The meal choice here wasn't particularly good and after looking forward to enjoying a slice of hot apple pie with ice cream, it arrives with cheese on top... Now maybe this is just me being British, but what is that all about?

The final thing which annoyed me a little was the art festival they had on. This is all fine and good and didn't cause too much noise but during the day it really annoyed me having to keep show my key and waiting to be able to get in and go to my room... Maybe allow your guests quicker access or get the art show visitors to use a different entrance.

On a positive note, the hotel does have (incredibly expensive) on site parking, the whole place is very clean & tidy, and the rooms are really comfortable.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments.

Our hotel is in a great location. The SW Waterfront area od DC is one of the fastest growing areas in Washington and is very walkable.

I'm glad to read you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I'll share your comments with our housekeeping department, as they do a great job for us.

This was the fourth year we hosted the (e) merge Art Fair and again it was a huge success.

Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Capitol Skyline Hotel? Share your experiences!