This hotel has excellent staff at the front desk and working in housekeeping. Very helpful and patient!
The hotel itself is extremely clean and in pretty good shape. There are a few updates that could be made but overall it appears pretty nice. Some of the decorations are weird. There are TVs playing in the common areas with movie clips of tables floating by the beach and things like that. It certainly makes it memorable and they don't carry it over into the rooms, so it's not a negative. The rooms don't have a fridge or a microwave, but they are fairly rooms and very clean with a desk and TV. Another nice touch is that there are full-size towels!
The pool looked really nice, the fitness room is 24/7 and a good addition, and you can buy breakfast at a buffet downstairs for $12 in the morning. There's also a McDonald's across the street, and decent take out like Five Guys nearby. I couldn't find a vending machine for soda or juice in the hotel. There was a gift shop on the first floor with things like that, but they were only open sometimes.
This hotel is really close to Nationals Stadium, which is great! There are also some nice bars and restaurants around that looked pretty busy on a weeknight. This neighborhood has a lot of construction in progress and some completed nice apartment buildings. There's enough people walking around at nice that it feels safe to explore a bit. It's close to the Capitol, but the view from the rooms is somewhat obstructed.
Parking is a little more than $20 and in a garage immediately by the hotel with an internal entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capitol Skyline Hotel is a boutique style hotel located very conveniently to all major attractions. We are located only 5 blocks from the Capital and Library of Congress, 3 blocks from the Nationals baseball stadium and less than 1 mile to the Air and Space museum along with other Smithsonian museums. The Capitol Skyline Hotel is a full service hotel catering to the needs of a highly international clientele. It is an ideal location for guests who need to see the sites, do business "on the hill" and for those who are in town to see a baseball game! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Capitol Skyline Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capitol Skyline Washington Dc
- Hotel Capitol Skyline
- Washington Dc Best Western