“Capitol Skyline Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Itala, Italy
“Capitol Skyline Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Amazing location for the price. Vending machines available. Friendly staff. Brand new TV, free wifi. I would definitely stay here again.even i can say very comfortable bed,clean &spaciousroom.Great view of capitol building.The staff was amazing - all of them!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stopped here on the way back to England. If you want a no nonsense hotel with access to all the sights this is the place. The staff were very nice, especially in the restaurant which served me a good dinner and breakfast while there. Not like the Maccrap over the road. Not too pricey, it runs a shuttle up to the Mall which is a godsend when you don't have a lot of time to spare. My only criticism is the decor -very 1980's.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from lift. Noisy even though not malicious!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wish I could rate this 3.5 because that would be more fitting. The bed although comfortable, was very well used (springs in the middle) However I was able to sleep well. The room seemed a bit bigger than other standard rooms. I would say the staff was the best part. Everyone was really helpful, and always greeted me with a sincere smile. I would say I received great value for the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I thought this was a great place for the price compared to others in the area. We found a great deal online called bed and breakfast. We paid $102 for a double room and it included the breakfast buffet for all the of us. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfy. The place was nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. yes, you do have to pay for parking but it's only $25 plus tax which is way less than most city parking. They do pool parties daily I believe so there are a lot of locals that come and it was very crowded at that time but the party is over by 7 and it was very quiet after that. I would return!

Carolina, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I got a package thru Getaway when I was making plans for a trip as a present to my 14 year old son. The reservation was made since November 2012 and was paid in full, but couple of days before when I called they did not have a clue who I was or what I was talking about. Finally everything was arranged, but upon arrival (@ 11pm) hotel was overbooked but staff was nice enough to get us a Suite for the night. The most depressing part for me was the exterior façade of the hotel is ugly, needs urgent attention. The unattended exterior façade, rest a lot to the warmth of the interior, looks like dumpster. Inside it is clean, the staff is courteous, nice and helpful. The furniture is a 60's style, I may add some members of the staff looked like high school student and spoke as if they had memorized every answer, most of them where nice and helpful. Suite or double bed rooms are neat, clean and comfortable specially bathrooms a MUST for me. They have a free shuttle service for specific areas in the morning and afternoons, also close to the ballpark, and a Metro Station. I will recommend this hotel for someone who will visit Washington, DC either on a business trip (Oops! Very bad Wi-Fi signal) or on vacation. Either way, you only need the room to sleep Washington DC has too many things to see that is a waste of time to spend time in a hotel room. Thanks to the staff for their service and attention on my first trip to Capitol City could not be better!!!

Room Tip: Close to highway, noise is a problem when traffic is heavy and A/C units seem to change temperature...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Strafford, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend while visiting DC during Cherry Blossom season. The hotel was clean, the rooms were small but comfortable, and the staff was very warm and welcoming. These were the positives. The negatives are that none of the sights are within walking distance and the shuttle service was very limited, as they only offered service twice a day. As a matter of fact, they will shuttle you to several of the attractions in DC, but do not offer a return shuttle. Weird. We did get free breakfast as a part of our hotel package, and the breakfast was very good, but, again, only offered at very limited hours. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Coffs Harbour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

With a view of the Capitol and close to significant Washington landmarks (via complimentary shuttle) this is a superior quality Hotel which represents good value. Unfortunately upon arrival (@ 2am) we found that they had overbooked the rooms when the computers were down. Staff were aware of the mistake before our arrival and had arranged alternate accommodation for that night for us. For the rest of our one week stay, they offered us a room upgrade with complimentary breakfasts and could not be more helpful in every way. The breakfast and dinner menus were good value. I would suggest a Guest Services Directory in every room to outline the facilities offered by the hotel. Also complimentary tea / coffee facilities would add to the comfort level.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple