We actually did not choose this hotel as we joined friends who had selected it.
We did however read the reviews that appear to be mixed.
Black is not my color and certainly not for decorating a hotel.
The rooms did look like they were restored, but not by a company that deserves a recommendation. The bathroom was remodelled with a nice granite counter, nice floor tiles, nice wall tiles and a very modern toilet. But they forgot to replace the bathtub and the wall paper! So the bathtub got a coat of enaimel paint appried by a person who forgot to do a proper priming, so it was peeling.
The rest of the room was also remodelled with a very nice and extremely comfortable bed and nice carpet, but rather than removing the wallpaper the renovator desided to paint it a very dark grey and use black California style blinds.
The "designer" is not my style and rarely would you see a hotel that gives such a somber impression, so I do agree with the reviewers who described the atmosphere as dungeon like.
But having said that, the beds were the most comfortable ones you can get in a hotel.
We had booked till the 1st November, so instead of sightseeing that Monday and Tuesday, we ended up watching the news about the huricane in the room.
Neither of us had ever encoutered a hurricane before, so on Sunday Morning I did go to the front dest for advice. They detailed to me the precousions they were planning and assured us that they would do their very best to deal with any possible emergency like back-up generators, food and water.
So if you plan to spend all your time sightseeing to get back to the hotel ready to collapse, this could be a good hotel for an excellent sleep. But if you end up spending a lot of time in the hotel, and have similar decorating taste as I, I would wait till they get a new decorator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capitol Skyline Hotel is a boutique style hotel located very conveniently to all major attractions. We are located only 5 blocks from the Capital and Library of Congress, 3 blocks from the Nationals baseball stadium and less than 1 mile to the Air and Space museum along with other Smithsonian museums. The Capitol Skyline Hotel is a full service hotel catering to the needs of a highly international clientele. It is an ideal location for guests who need to see the sites, do business "on the hill" and for those who are in town to see a baseball game! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Capitol Skyline Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capitol Skyline Washington Dc
- Hotel Capitol Skyline
- Washington Dc Best Western