“My stay at Capitol Skyline...” 5 of 5 stars

Capitol Skyline Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 I Street SW, Washington DC, DC 20024   |
Ranked #104 of 136 Hotels in Washington DC
Waynesboro, Virginia, United States
“My stay at Capitol Skyline...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We came up on New Years Eve to Party and chose this hotel...I haven't stayed there in a while in it was upgraded and they really did a good jod there...The front desk was good and the beds were comfortable.....The only thing I was surprised over was that the parking use to be free and now they charge $30.00 and a bottle of water in my room was $4.00...What in the world...I would stay there again...It's close to the club....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Turkish first
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband,son and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. We had no problems with the staff. They were friendly. Our room(715) faced the Capitol. At night it looked beautiful. There was hairs on the bed and bathroom floor. The breakfast at the hotel was convient but a limited menu.The only resturant within walking distance is a McDonalds. The hotel is pretty far west of the attractions. We did walk to them in the am but were sorry in the pm after walking through the attractions all day. We like to walk through towns to get a flavor of the city but were tired by the end of the day. We would stay there again but take a cab or public transportation to the attractions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CapskyGM, Manager at Capitol Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your nice Capitol view suite and hope to welcome you back with us soon. The Capitol Skyline is actually within walking distance to the Capitol building, national mall and most of the Smithsonian museums. The Capitol Skyline Hotel also provides all hotel guests with a complementary drop off shuttle services to the national mall, most popular attractions in the city and restaurants headquarters in the evening. In addition, Next time you visit us, we will also notify you of several nice restaurant located within walking distance from the Hotel.

Thank you again for your stay and see you soon.

Cordially,
Omar Koussou
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 1 day on our unplanned vacation to Washington recently.The room that we stayed was good .On the first day when we just checked in hotel staff were behaving very friendly.But next day when we had to checkout we asked till what time can we do the checkout as we were going out for sightseeing so it could be late by 1-2 hrs after 12 noon which is generally the checkout time.The staff agreed and and said he is fine till 2pm and late charge will be applicable till 2pm max.Later on the day when we came back after sightseeing at 2 pm and about to do the checkout the manager of the hotel came and told us that we have to pay for the late checkout.We were shocked to here it.They all made a plan to just extract money.The late checout amount they asked us to give was around $200 which was far beyond the price of one day stay in that hotel.They were not agreeing and asking us to pay....they reduced the price till $130 but then my husband some how managed to made them argee for no late charge ...as they asked us to give good feed back in websites and that is the reason they told they won't charge us.This was all the game plan I think they might be playing with many other also.

Room Tip: Don't take any hotel in south of washigton downtown.As in night one just cann't think of wal...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
CapskyGM, Manager at Capitol Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on line. The capitol skyline Hotel, like most hotels in Washington D.C does have a 12 pm check out. Upon check in, if availability permits, we always accommodate our patrons by providing a courtesy late check out of 1pm if requested. Later check out is available for a modest fee of $75 until 4pm. The fees and practices mentioned in the review above are not part of our practices and non applicable to the Capitol Skyline Hotel.

Thank you and please feel free to contact me directly if you need further assistance.

Cordially,
Omar Koussou
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Maybe it was my room but my shower had little to no pressure because of a faulty diverter. I was staying here only two nights so I didn't do anything about it and suffered it. The large mirror over the sink caused me to rap my knuckles more than once when setting the plug (see photo). But these are small things that I see when I travel. Overall the room was spacious and I had ample room for my work and sleep.
The staff were very courteous when I met with them. It's about $17 to/from the airport by cab and $10/12 from the convention center downtown.
DC has a lot of police cars, not always traveling quietly, but if you are in a city, then expect some noise. It was no worse than staying in SF or NYC.
I would have liked if the pool was still available....it's was 55 degrees when I arrived. Breakfast was free but not anything special.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Powell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This hotel is a $5.00 cab ride from the capitol but half the price of closer hotels. Its halfway between the captol and Nationals ball park and not really a decent walk to either. Not many restaraunts neaby. Area is going through transformation. Lots of vacant lots and new condos in the area but not much else. Not sure I would walk it at night but a cheap cab ride. Interior is cool 60's swanky. Right out of a James Bond movie. I consider it a convenient, clean, value.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side of propoerty face the DC skyline
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I recently went to Washington DC for my birthday and i have to say first off that i LOVE that city. Lots of things to do and ESPECIALLY see. During my trip there I stayed at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. When i got there after an overnight flight i was helped right away. i was able to check in and get my room instead of waiting til 4pm to check in. i LOVE that i was able to do that and sleep. During my stay there, the staff was really helpful. Especially RAY MITCHELL. I must had bugged him the whole time i stayed there but he was really helpful from the Metro (it's location and what Metro Line to take) when i wanted to go to the Zoo or just get around town. He also recommended places to eat. I have to say that if & when i do go back to DC i would definitely stay at this hotel as well as recommend my friends. the price isn't so bad either. The location was a 20 minute walk away from all the museum so it wasn't too bad. I LOVE it....... thanks Capitol Skyline for making my stay there great and Thank you Ray for guiding me during my time there. If you go to DC stop by and say "HI" to Ray Mitchell.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My friend and I stayed a weekend in December, we had two friends coming to meet us and stay one night the front desk gave them free parking for the night since they were our guests! We ended up checking out late which there is supposed to be a late fee--they waived it for us! Great staff!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends