Booked this hotel through Hotwire and got a fair price for this location (Georgetown/Foggy Bottom, near DuPont Circle.). Tariff came to just over $160/night including the onerous local taxes. Includes breakfast, which is good because this part of Washington is sadly lacking in breakfast places.
Hotel looks OK but still needs some upgrading. Entryway into lobby, while attractive, has strong smell of mildew. Fortunately, rooms did not share that odor. However, toilet stopped up, and they sent someone to fix it while we were out to dinner. Came back and it was not properly cleared. We were then told that the person who does this had left for the night. Front desk seemed to think that that was OK. On my insistence (but only on my insistence) they moved us to another room. Thus, I'd rate service no better than "C."
Room was comfortable, adequately spacious, and had small fridge and kitchenette sink (all to the good). Ceiling over bath had mold stains indicating some leakage from above. Another example of refurbishing work that still needs to be done.
Breakfast was the usual buffet of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, rolls and fruit. Not fabulous but perfectly alright for an included breakfast.
Parking is across the street at the Ritz Carlton. So unpack before you park, because it's quite a schlep back from your parking space (with at least one flight of stairs or an arduous haul up a long car ramp.) Parking was an additional $26-$28 per night: Cheaper than New York, but that's about the best you can say about it.
Big plus is location in Georgetown, and easy walk to lots of restaurants. We liked Grillfish (about one block north) and went there twice. Note that the Best Western is limited service: No on-premises food or drink except breakfast. It ain't the Ritz, but then again, neither is the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step up to all-suite amenities when looking for a hotel in the Washington, DC, Georgetown area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Georgetown Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Best Western Georgetown Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Best Western