“Holy cow!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
1625 Eye St, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Dupont Circle)
(202) 689-8999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Transit: Farragut West Metro Station for the Blue and Orange lines, Farragut North Metro Station for the Red line.
Description: BLT Steak's design integrates select traditional elements of the French "Bistro" and an American "Steakhouse". A lighter environment has been created that is enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede. A 25-foot bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure including an oyster and shellfish raw bar.
Arlington, Virginia
“Holy cow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

So, one of my friends who works at a house (which is white) in the area told me that her Big Boss (the man himself) and his wife recommended this place as the best beef in town. We went and it sure was! I had the domestic sampler with the oysters as appetizer and the strawberry shortcake as dessert. She had the imported sampler with the bone marrow for appetizer and the same dessert. The corn and the squash for sides, which are served family style, were both great, too. We both were extremely satisfied with our meals. The food is expensive, so expect to be set back $100+ per person (for a three course meal with alcohol). I had some of their wine and of course it was also expensive, but totally worth it! The atmosphere is very relaxed and the portions are big. This is not fine dining, it's just expensive amazing food. The service was fast and the Staff was very friendly. Make sure to make reservations!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rockledge, Florida
“The Day After Oblamya Went”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The day before Obama shut down a full city block so he could eat on the taxpayers dime at BLT. Tonight we ate there. They need a divider between the bar and the restaurant, the noise was overpowering. The food was very good, but I wouldn't give it a great, sorry, just personal preference. Service was impeccable though.

Visited June 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pretentious and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Weekend trip to Washington and was very close to the St Regis plus good reviews,what could go wrong..Well first the service ,patchy at best,multiple servers usually means multiple delays and here was no exception.The steaks,were overpriced,the quality was average at best and the sides minuscule.Wine list was good,but at these prices it should be.Overall a very,very average experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pretoria, South Africa
“Delicious cheesecake ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The steak was good, but the cheesecake was so delicious! The service from when you enter to when you are seated and throughout your meal is amazing.

Visited May 2014
Huntington Beach, California
“"Good" as expected but not fine dining or unique”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I'm giving this 3 stars because it is your average high end steakhouse. I would not go so far as to say "fine dining" but moreso a place for "power lunches/dinners." It was as expected.

We were here on our honeymoon and I craved a steak so this looked like the best option. The Ruth's Chris got horrific reviews so I had searched for other spots. We arrived and it was boisterous, which is great on a Friday night. I wanted a wine and requested the sommelier who was very friendly and answered questions. Our meal was good as expected. I think my favorite was the pop over though. DELISH!

The manners of staff lacked considering the cost of the place. When I went to the restroom, I had to squeeze by waiters walking toward me who did not stop or move aside for me to pass. Picky, I know, but this is what I expect in finer dining and what I'm used to when paying for a nice meal at a "mom and pop" establishment. I appreciate it when the chains do not let this go astray.

While it was "good," I'd probably choose a restaurant with more local flare or uniqueness if choosing again.

Visited May 2014