“One of my DC faves” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brasserie Beck

Brasserie Beck
1101 K St NW, Washington DC, DC 20005-4210 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-408-1717
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Transit: McPherson Square or Metro Center
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of my DC faves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place is one of my favorite spots in DC. The food is phenomenal. If you go, I would reccommend the mussels (any of them) and the charcuterie board as musts. They also make a mean French 75 or have ample beers on their lists. On top of that, the service is outstanding. The waiters are extremely knowledgable about the encyclopedia they call a beer list. They are attentive, not annoying and make great suggestions. The atmosphere adds to the experience in that it's relaxed and loud, hardly the stuffiness you get at some DC restaurants. Love, love, love it here.

• Visited January 2013

“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I ate here Saturday night of Presidents Day weekend. I had the Saturday special which was the grilled lamb chops. I think it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. It came with brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. Truly incredible. My wife had the chicken. It was also very good. The atmosphere is wonderful as is the beer. This is a good place to go with a group of friends as it has a loud but good vibe that a group of people would enjoy. This place is a winner and I will definately be back on a Saturday night for the grilled lamb chop special.

Patchogue, New York
“Excellent Food and Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I make it a point to get to this restaurant each time I am in DC. On this particular trip, I found myself here twice in my week-long stay! They have the best mussels I've ever had in both classic and unique preparations. The frites are fried in duck fat, and are served with excellent aioli dipping sauces. The beer selection is also amazing; great craft, Belgian beers that are hard to find elsewhere. My only gripe was that on the second night I went there I ordered a risotto special, which came to me overcooked. It was disappointing, but definitely won't prevent me from returning! I highly recommend this place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States
“Very good but short of exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The wait staff is very competent and knowledgable, if also very busy. The menu is creative and the dishes are tasty and large. The atmosphere is informal and a bit noisy. Good wine and beer selections. I'd avoid ordering from the bar because the bartenders seem very busy with after-work crowds (my martini was watery, warm, half-full). Overall, very good place but not much to make it really stand out as exceptional.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Fabulous Food and Beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Belgian restaurant is one of my very favorites in DC. The beer selection both draft and bottled, while expensive, is most impresssive and well worth it. Every time I have eaten here, whether it be for brunch, dinner or happy hour, the food has been marvelous. They always have excellent oysters and other seafood. Seating at the bar is a little tight, but it is lively and the bartenders are attentive and knowledgeable. It is a modest walk from the McPherson Square Metro station and valet parking is available. This is a perfect spot if you are attending anything at the Washington Convention Center which is within easy walking distance.