“Excellent Food and Beer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brasserie Beck

Brasserie Beck
1101 K St NW, Washington DC, DC 20005-4210 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-408-1717
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 2,700 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: McPherson Square or Metro Center
Patchogue, New York
“Excellent Food and Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I make it a point to get to this restaurant each time I am in DC. On this particular trip, I found myself here twice in my week-long stay! They have the best mussels I've ever had in both classic and unique preparations. The frites are fried in duck fat, and are served with excellent aioli dipping sauces. The beer selection is also amazing; great craft, Belgian beers that are hard to find elsewhere. My only gripe was that on the second night I went there I ordered a risotto special, which came to me overcooked. It was disappointing, but definitely won't prevent me from returning! I highly recommend this place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States
“Very good but short of exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The wait staff is very competent and knowledgable, if also very busy. The menu is creative and the dishes are tasty and large. The atmosphere is informal and a bit noisy. Good wine and beer selections. I'd avoid ordering from the bar because the bartenders seem very busy with after-work crowds (my martini was watery, warm, half-full). Overall, very good place but not much to make it really stand out as exceptional.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Fabulous Food and Beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Belgian restaurant is one of my very favorites in DC. The beer selection both draft and bottled, while expensive, is most impresssive and well worth it. Every time I have eaten here, whether it be for brunch, dinner or happy hour, the food has been marvelous. They always have excellent oysters and other seafood. Seating at the bar is a little tight, but it is lively and the bartenders are attentive and knowledgeable. It is a modest walk from the McPherson Square Metro station and valet parking is available. This is a perfect spot if you are attending anything at the Washington Convention Center which is within easy walking distance.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Engagement Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The place was lively and had a great buzz plus the service was outstanding. We had a set, coursed menu, with fresh oysters to start, and they handled our large group seamlessly.

Visited August 2012
San Diego
“it costs so much to be trendy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

$24 for moules & frites, huh? $40 for pasta with a few chunks of lobster? This place is extremely trendy, or so I'm told, and the space was very pleasant if a bit noisy. The service was inattentive - spilled sauce stayed on the table for the entire night, and we had to flag the waiter down to order more drinks. The food was good, but not extraordinary. We had four mains (three mussels and the plate of pasta), one salad, one octopus appetizer (delicious, but very small portion), one dessert, five beers and two glasses of wine. The tab before tip was $240. I dunno, just seemed steep to me, for good but not stellar food and mediocre service.

Visited January 2013