“Won't be back” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Windsor Park Hotel to your Saves list
Booking.com Hotels.com
Windsor Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2116 Kalorama Rd NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Ranked #109 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ok, so I got this place from a name your price on Priceline.com. I was down here for work, so it wasn't even on my dime. The place was stuck between the DuPont Circle and Woodley Park metro stops. So if you have luggage, you're going to have to walk about a mile to get there. Once there, you will immediately notice that the place is old as dirt. Guy at the front desk barely spoke broken English. I got up to my room and thought I hopped in a time machine back to some town in Western Texas (see No Country for Old Men). TV didn't work, bathroom was small, entire room smelled of fresh paint, dust everywhere, and beds were very old. I went for a run to get my mind off of the place. I got back and was walking around my room barefoot. I happen to check my feet before getting cleaned up and they were completely black. So the rugs were definitely dirty. There is no gym in the place. The locks still take keys, so you have to make sure you carry it with you. The locks are somewhat broken on the doors. So don't keep anything of value in the room.

The best thing....the free bagel in the morning was good. Place should be demolished and put a Comfort Inn there.

Room Tip: Pick a better hotel. A brand name.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
burton on trent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is well situated but unfortunately for us, had no parking. Receptionist directed us to a decent 24hr car park. I'm afraid that is where the positives end.
The room was double bedded and the overall standard can be best described as 'dated and dirty'!!
One of the beds was 'unsleepable'. The bedsheets were stained. Fortunately the beds were reasonable sized so we were able to sleep in the one bed.
The curtains had holes in them. The carpets were dirty. Basically, the room was one in which once we were in, we quickly wanted to get out.
Quite simply, this is THE worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in same area
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I paid 169 usd for a room with no wifi, no tv ( not working ) and no ac ( the reception told me open the window !)
DC was busy i guess because a congress session so had to stay in a cheap hotel.
I felt really unsafe in the hotel, so everytime i went out i locked my passport in my suitcase. Bathroom was decent. I have been given a twin bedroom eventhough that i was all by myself. Therefore the bed was small. It was so hot on the room. And you could hear the noise of the street....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
WPHWashington, Manager at Windsor Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. It can always be helpful to us. We do have a very dedicated maintenance person but unfortunately he is only on duty during the morning shift. I am sure that if any of your concerns had been made while he was available that they would have all been addressed. During any of the other two shifts the desk clerk would be unable to leave his post to fix the problems. Opening the window was probably the only thing he could think of until help arrived. For our guests convenience we do have available in each room, an information sheet explaining how to connect the remote with the TV and how to adjust the air conditioning.
Cambria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I read some bad reviews for the Windsor Park Hotel so I was prepared for the worst. On a recent two night stay I found it to be clean, quiet, and in a great location close to Adams Morgan and DuPont Circle. The only issue was a couple in a room next door (I think) who were making their bed creak very loudly (if you know what I mean). But the least of our worries. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nweark, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked this hotel to stay for a conference in the area. After arriving at the hotel and seeing it we wanted to leave asap, however, it was too late to stay somewhere else. I told the person at the front desk that we want to check out, but they told us to come back next day. The hotel is terrible, it smells when you walk in. The suit i had, had paint coming off, smelled terribly and door wasn't closing. It was not welcoming and staying there was scary. I had my 6 month old son with me and was absolutely terrified. I had to lie towels on the floor to even step on it. The elevator was the size of a closet. This is good maybe for people that don't mind the smell and dirt. I was afraid about bugs coming out of walls. Will never stay there again and would advise you not too either. The only good part was that after multiple disputes they refunded me money for the nights i didn't stay. For a cheaper price we found much better hotel, with great service and clean!

Room Tip: Terrible. I would not stay or eat anythig there. Taking a shower was horrifying too. Since I had...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Windsor Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
July 12, 1012

First I would like to apologize to you for your perception of our establishment. Your input regarding our hotel can always be helpful to us and others. As I continued to study your review it seemed more than clear that you booked through an Opaque Booking site like Priceline or Hotwire. These are wholesale booking sites that do not show you where you are going to stay until after you have booked and paid for the entire stay in advance. It can be hard on the guest because they give you very little info on the hotel and are not connected entirely to our website. They have their own rules (like No Refunds). Through our website we only require the number from a valid credit card to guarantee the reservation and there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. If the guest does not show or wants to leave after arriving, our policy is to charge for one night (just like any other hotel). I'm sorry you didn't have the opportunity to familiarize yourself more with our hotel since the description on our website is spot on. It was built in 1924. Improved and upgraded over the years but is not a Brass & Glass cookie cutter by any means. There are also many pictures of the property for you to see where you are going.
Our establishment has an excellent cleaning and maintenance crew so I was surprised when I read you felt your room was dirty. We have never had this complain before and we also have never had bugs. Our bathrooms were all completely redone two years ago and are very nice. It may be possible that after your first impression, everything else was downhill.
Once again though, please allow me to apologize for your unpleasant experience.
Torino
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The location of the hotel is one of the best in Washington D.C.: walking distance from Dupont Circle, Woodley Park zoo, and metro station. The neighborhood is elegant, silent and clean. The personnel is very kind, especially the guy at the desk is really funny and friendly. A lot of nice restaurants are in the area, too.

The problems come with the room: very small if the cost is considered, our queen size bed had an old mattress, and one of the two pillows was too thin: I wake up with an aching neck.

Also the breakfast was disappointing: we were all gathered together in a small room and "continental breakfast" consisted only of few bagels, croissants and coffee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Ridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I agree with a number of the points Jaminoe made.
Cons:
-The walls are thin.
-The bedspreads are old and look like they might not get washed regularly.
-The hallways had the smell of stale cigarette smoke.
-The rooms didn't smell as much like smoke but were very warm and you couldn't control the temperature.
-There isn't a fan in the shower so if you take even a short shower, the steam fills up the room outside and makes it even hotter and you feel sticky in your clothes.
-The beds are not the most comfortable.

Pros:
-The walk isn't terrible (not around the corner from nightlife, but not far and if you plan ahead of time you can get close to amazing bars and restaurants i.e. The Black Squirrel or others in under 10min).
-The bathroom's are clean.
-The staff is pleasant and quick to answer any requests.
-The price is good.
- In a safe area.
- Around the corner from a major road so catching a taxi is very easy.

* It is a decent hotel, and I give them credit for being so friendly. If they were rude and unpleasant the score would be a lot lower.

So depending on what is important to you in a hotel, you can judge if this is the hotel for you. We only stayed one night, so it was bearable... Not sure how I would feel if my stay was longer than 3 nights.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Windsor Park Hotel? Share your experiences!