Ok, so I got this place from a name your price on Priceline.com. I was down here for work, so it wasn't even on my dime. The place was stuck between the DuPont Circle and Woodley Park metro stops. So if you have luggage, you're going to have to walk about a mile to get there. Once there, you will immediately notice that the place is old as dirt. Guy at the front desk barely spoke broken English. I got up to my room and thought I hopped in a time machine back to some town in Western Texas (see No Country for Old Men). TV didn't work, bathroom was small, entire room smelled of fresh paint, dust everywhere, and beds were very old. I went for a run to get my mind off of the place. I got back and was walking around my room barefoot. I happen to check my feet before getting cleaned up and they were completely black. So the rugs were definitely dirty. There is no gym in the place. The locks still take keys, so you have to make sure you carry it with you. The locks are somewhat broken on the doors. So don't keep anything of value in the room.
The best thing....the free bagel in the morning was good. Place should be demolished and put a Comfort Inn there.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Park Washington Dc
- Hotel Windsor Park
- Windsor Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsor Park Hotel offers 43 guestrooms in a variety of configurations. Built in 1926, this charming hotel has been restored and updated to provide everything expected by those traveling for business or pleasure. All bathrooms have been recently renovated (2009) and there is free wireless internet throughout the hotel. Two computer stations are also available for our guests use and our free Continental Breakfast saves the time and expense of finding a restaurant in the morning.Windsor Park Hotel is in a charming, quiet, safe neighborhood with over 100 establishments offering shopping, art, entertainment and cuisine from around the world. Embassies, majestic homes parks and tree-lined streets are a pleasure to see throughout the year. Guests can walk to Rock Creek Park, DuPont Circle, Adams Morgan, the National Zoo and many other points of interest. There are three major convention hotels within a short walk and two metro stations -Woodley Park-Zoo and DuPont Circle- are within a few short blocks enabling our guests to reach all the wonderful sites in our Nation’s Capital. The friendly personalized service of this small hotel makes all our guests feel right at home. This is where yesterdays charm is today’s treasure.Hotel and Room Amenities24-Hour Front Desk AC/HEAT w Individual Comfort Control ElevatorBusiness Services Free Local Calls Voice MailVending/Ice Machines Iron/Board RefrigeratorSafe Deposit at Front Hair Drier in bathrooms Map/Tour InfoRollaway/Cribs available Comcast Digital TV w over 100 Channels We have only street parking but there are two large garages within a few blocks.We are a “Smoke Free Property” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Windsor Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.