“Great neighbourhood, great restaurants, great hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Adam's Inn
1746 Lanier Place NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Ranked #21 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Great neighbourhood, great restaurants, great hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Travelling with my 2 daughters I wanted a place that could accommodate us all in one room each with our own beds and no pull outs. We were not disappointed. We had a private bath and excellent water pressure on the top floor and although I thought the street side might be loud, it was quite peaceful. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was basic, but I am just a coffee gal first thing and the coffee was really good! The accommodations certainly beat any chain motel and I had no complaints. I actually loved chatting at breakfast with the other guests, sitting on the porch and enjoying many of the amazing restaurants in the area. We had a great stay and I would recommend and go back. It was clean, and the staff was exceptionally helpful, warm, and friendly. I had a reserved parking spot in the back and never once used the car as transit was close by.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Northeast Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We have always stayed in hotels, and didn't know what to expect for our first stay at a B&B. We were pleasantly surprised! Adam's Inn is a well kept, older bed & breakfast in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood that made us feel as though we had gone back in time. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch watching locals go about their daily routines. There's also a porch and private garden area behind the buildings. Our guest room with a private bath, as well as all of the common areas, were very clean, quiet and comfortable. The continental breakfast was well stocked with a variety of cereals, breads, juices, etc. The entire staff was always helpful and friendly. The B&B is located close to a variety of popular dining and drinking establishments along 18th Street and Columbia, and within walking distance to Cleveland Park and the National Zoo. As with all of DC, parking can be a problem if you're driving, but with patience and luck you will succeed (the Inn also has limited garage parking available for an additional charge). Overall a great stay that opened our eyes to an alternative to hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KansasTravelgrl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My main reason to stay here was location. It's very close to a family member who didn't have room for us to stay with them. We were there 4 nights we really enjoyed having a front porch to sit on. Or a patio to relax on. We were in the building that didn't have the office in it.
One of the things that bothered me was that there wasn't coffee available to us in the mornings until later. In our building there was a station with INSTANT coffee. Ugh. No other options. In the main building it's not made available until 7am weekdays, and 8am weekends. When you have tours to get to, it makes it impossible to have coffee before you leave. And breakfast is very continental. Cereal and bagels basically. Breakfast has the same hours as coffee does. There are several restaurants close by. If you want a grocery store for anything there is a Safeway pretty much right behind the Inn.

Room Tip: Room 15 in on the first floor (no stairs), except front porch. And has a wall between the beds. I wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This B&B is actually three row houses in the Adams-Morgan Section of DC. It is modest in character with a continental breakfast, available in both the dining room and the kitchen of one of the houses. It is not fancy but always clean and well cared for. Most rooms have a private bath. We like the congeniality of the other guests, many times small groups of young adults from other countries. We've also met some retired "university types". The conversation at breakfast is always about more than just the weather. The only drawback to staying here is that there is no elevator. However the staff is more than willing to schlep luggage.
Our favorite part of the Inn is the great staff, always going beyond the norm to provide wonderful, friendly service. We've stayed here half a dozen times and definitely will be back. We consider Adam's Inn to be our home away from home when visiting family in the DC area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived, the was a nice young girl waiting at the front desk and told us everything in a very polite way. Our room was in the second building, which was okay since it really just right next to the first one. There is a cute little area with sofas and a TV and also a little kitchen, where you can place things in the fridge. There is always coffee and tea available and oatmeal.
I was travelling with my mom and we had a really small room with a quite weird window (broken blinds, but curtains were fine) and a queen bed. For my taste, the bed was too small, but the room was clean and looked nice. I never had to wait "in line" for the shared bathroom and it was always very clean and there were fresh towels.
Breakfast is from 7:30 -10:00, i think it starts a bit late but it really good, they offer toast, bagels, peanut butter, jam, cream cheese, fruit, juices, tea, coffee, oatmeal and sweet bread. You would always meet nice other travellers in the breakfast room and have a nice chat (at least we met only nice people).
Staff was always friendly.
I would recommend this Inn for parties of two or three and vintage lovers haha :-)

• Stayed April 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Steven, I believe his name was, greeted me and was friendly and very helpful, particularly in navigating the neighborhood so I could find a restaurant and locate transportation the next day. The room I was in was simple and clean. My stay was short so I can't comment in any more depth than that, but was pleased with the Inn and would certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in the lively Adams Morgan area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel is located in a nice neighbourhood, has very courteous staff and had some fantastic communal areas (e.g. lounge, computer room, laundry room, kitchen, etc). Unfortunately despite these good points the hotel disappointed in other far more important and fundamental areas - the beds were awful (getting a good nights sleep was impossible), there was little or no control of the room temperature, the breakfasts were disappointing and there was no TV in the bedroom which meant many people had to share the one TV. Given the most important aim of any hotel should be to provide their customers with the means to enjoy a good nights sleep both my partner, Hannah, and I felt this hotel was a significant disappointment. We will certainly not be returning here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Adam's Inn? Share your experiences!