“Great activity in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DC by Foot

DC by Foot
1740 18th St. NW, Suite 304, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Dupont Circle)
+1 202-370-1830
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great activity in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Booked three seperate walking tours with DC by Foot (Arlington Cemetery and National Mall with Chris and the Georgetown walk with Daniel) and would recommend it to anyone.

Especially enjoyed the Arlington and Georgetown walks - probably because I knew less about the sigths there than at the National Mall. That doesn't mean that we didn't enjoy the National Mall walk though.

Both Chris and Daniel were very knowledgeable guides on all three tours.

• Thai first
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I were visiting Washington, DC from Cleveland, Ohio. I had done some research on tripadvisor to find out recommended things to do. DC by Foot came highly recommended, so I signed up for a night tour. I must say, I can see why they came highly recommended. The tour was absolutely wonderful, and we actually learned quite a bit. Our guide never solicited us for money, but we gave her $20.00 anyways. But I think its nice that it truly is free, and they don't harrass you or try to make you feel guilty. Great experience, I definately recommend!

Visited May 2014
Davie, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great tour of Georgetown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Was in DC with some good friends and we decided to take the DC by Foot tour of Georgetown. We met Dan the Man at the Old Stone House and for the next 2 hours, he was a font of information. We were able to get a tour of two homes that John F Kennedy occupied prior to residing at the White House. We also saw Secretary of State, John Kerry's home. We passed by some lovely homes with breathtaking gardens. Because of the time of year, the tulips were in full bloom. It was a great way to see Georgetown!

Johannesburg, South Africa
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great way to see DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We signed up for the National Mall and Capitol tours...both were great! Very informative and "behind-the-scenes" facts / stories. Great way to see the city and its sights!

Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“National Mall tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Thank you for hosting this tour! I signed up because I had planned to do a self-guided tour of the National Mall monuments, and since you were offering a pay-what-you-want tour, I figured I couldn't lose by trying it out. I am so glad I did! The tour surpassed my expectations by miles. My guide (I think his name was Frank?) was incredibly knowledgeable, and his stories were so engaging that I would have been happy to listen to him talk for an extra hour, if I hadn't started to get hungry at the end of my tour ;). If I had been in DC longer, I would have signed up for another tour with you guys. Keep up the good work!