“Best DC walking tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DC by Foot

DC by Foot
1740 18th St. NW, Suite 304, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Dupont Circle)
+1 202-370-1830
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
auntra
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best DC walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

What a find! Highly recommend this tour. Our guide, Ben, was passionate, informed and clearly having the time of his life. As a result, so did we. Be prepared to walk a lot --but it's totally worth it.

• Thai first
Atlanta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our DC Highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

When you're in our Nation's capital be sure to schedule time for the DC by Foot tour. I knew I would enjoy the tour by the reviews but had no idea our 12-year old son would like it so much. In fact, our son stated this was the favorite thing he did during our 6 days in DC. Brody was our guide and he's like your favorite camp counselor. The tour provided all the pertinant facts about the Washington Monument, the WWII Memorial, The Vietnam Memorial, Signer's Island, White House and Lincoln Memorial. In addition, fun facts and humor make this a 1.5 hour tour fly by. The walking tour is well-paced for any fitness level. Our guide, Brody showed us the DC we all crave- from the patriotic to the quirky-- we laughed, we cried (the Vietnam Memorial is very powerful) and had a great time! This is a don't miss on your list of DC events.

Napa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Certainly better stories than mom could tell!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

We took the 6:00 PM Sunday tour. I swear, there had to be 70 people with us! It had already been a long day, so the kids (8 & 13) were tired and it was still fairly warm. Brody was very nice and knowelegable (if a bit scripted). While my kids did fuss that they were tired and thirsty, the truth is they would have been 100x more miserable if I had tried to figure out the same tour on my own!

Also, I have heard the kids tell the cat story and the Adams / Jefferson bet story several times. Therefore, I am sure that they enjoyed the tour more than they realize!

All in all, this is a very nice tour - wear your walking shoes and bring enough water!

MS
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Must DO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

This is a must do when you are in Washington DC! I learned more on the tour than I did when I was touring the White House. It is a great way to see all of the monuments in a short amount of time. Even though you are walking, the tour guide will keep you entertained. The walk will seem like 20 mins. instead of an hour.

If you don't do DC by Foot...you will miss out!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A "Must-Do" in D.C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

This tour deserves to be #1!! My boyfriend and I loved the tour, our guide (Ben) had a ton of D.C. knowledge and stories to tell us, and he was totally into giving the tour which made it that much better. He's very interactive and it's a nice tour of about half the monuments. I highly recommend this tour :o)