“WONDERFUL TOUR!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DC by Foot

DC by Foot
1740 18th St. NW, Suite 304, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Dupont Circle)
+1 202-370-1830
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“WONDERFUL TOUR!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Actually, when I made a reservation for this tour, I thought "Oh no, this might be boring... seeing only the Monuments that I already know." But I wanted to go anyway, because a friend of mine was visiting from Atlanta and I wanted to learn something about my hometown for a year as well (I am an aupair from Germany,as she is!). Well... our tourguide Chris made the tour anything, but not boring. It was AWESOME! Thank you soooo much for the informations about the Monuments and I assure you - I will do other tours of DC and NYC as well... I LOVE IT and totally recommend it to anybody!

Visited October 2012

• Thai first
Katy
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“All in One 4hr. Free Tour National Mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was really a 4 hour tour! We took this tour on one of the hottest days of the year. The tour begins by the Washington monument and finished at the Jefferson. Chris was our tour guide. He was friendly, understanding , and knowledgeable. He found the shade along the tour and we would stop there for information or just a quick shade break. My daughter and I learned a lot of trivia and historical information. Chris is a pro!

Visited July 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Our tour was over the top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Thanks to Chris the walking tour of Arlington Cemetary was very memorable because of all the historical facts he shared. The walk was at a good pace and Chris always waited until the stragglers caught up before he spoke. I don't believe my family and I would have fully appreciated Arlington Cemetary had we gone there on our own.

The second review is also for DC by Foot. We met up with Devan for the night tour of the memorials. Again, the wealth of information shared made the entire experience over top!

We have rez. for their Secrets and Scandals tour--can't wait for it!

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best thing I've done in DC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Chris the DC on foot guide was wonderful, informative, animated, and full of knowledge! Being on his walking tour of the monuments was the best thing I did in DC! I found this tour by chance at the Washington monument and just jumped in on the group tour for the remainder of the 3 hours. I'm sad I didn't know about this company on my prior trips or when I visited DC with family. I will definatly use this company again in DC and other cities. Thank you for a great tour Chris, I learned so much from you and enjoyed every minute.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Informative, Fun, & FREE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was the best decision I made during my recent trip to Washington, DC. I didn't expect much when I signed on for a free walking tour. But I was pleasantly surprised and so grateful for the experience. Our tour guide, Ed, was extremely knowledgeable about the history of Washington and monuments/memorials we got to see. It was a great pace to take pictures and really absorb the atmosphere of DC. Would highly recommend this to anyone and will definitely be returning to this tour company whenever I am in DC in the future.