“Incredible Meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rasika

Rasika
633 D Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-637-1222
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,699 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Incredible Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Rasika a few weeks ago and WOW, were we blown away by the food and the service! Our waitress, Jennifer, was amazing and we ordered everything she recommended and were super happy we did.

We started with the palak chaat and cocktails--as many other reviews have noted--DONT MISS it! It's one of the best appetizers I think I've ever had, and I don't like spinach! The spinach is cooked super crispy and coated in some kind of chickpea batter that is to die for. It comes with diced tomatoes and a creamy, tart dressing that makes the whole dish come together. For dinner, we shared lamb chops (perfectly cooked and in a yogurt marinade), black cod (ridiculously tender and succulent and really well seasoned), a lentil dish that I think was called dal makhani?, which was definitely the best lentil dish I've ever had, and some goat cheese kulcha. My husband had room for dessert, not sure how, and he got the date and toffee pudding. I don't like dates, but the few bites I had were amazing--it was caramelly and rich, yet super light at the same time.

This is definitely one of the best restaurants in DC and well worth the visit--I can't recommend it enough!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Super great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Food is fabtastic. DO NOT MISS THE PALAK CHAT appetizer. It's fried spinach, yogurt and stuff. You are wrong if you skip it.

Tips: make a rezzie well in advance. If you're meeting someone be sure you know which locay!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falls Church VA
“Wonderful lunch x 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was lucky enough to get reservations for two days in a row during Restaurant Week. I was 110% impressed with the quality of the food and the thoughtful service. The spinach appetizer was unique and delicious. The mango pannacotta dessert was a rave. My friends and I felt so well treated by the staff - never had to ask for anything; they anticipated our needs.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Carolina
“Taste of India - $35 three course meal - WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Absolutely the best indian restaurant I have been to in my 20 years of enjoying Indian food across North America! Happened to visit here on the recommendation of a colleague and wouldn't you know it, restaurant week afforded me a 3 course meal for $35! Signature appetizer, fish w/curry, and dessert, definitely will be back. Come early to avoid the wait, but tables cleared relatively quickly and we were on our way to dinner bliss!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Was expecting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

With all the raving and the fact that we had to wait till 9:30 for a reservation I was expecting more. All the food was quite good but the chicken tika was a bit tough. My son ordered black cod as the only seafood eater and it came very late. (the server warned us that something had gone wrong and that it was delayed and offered us free desert to make up for it ...kudos for that) Butter chicken was very good. Naan was good but very small (I am accustomed to big teardrop shaped Naan but these were very small and round). Perhaps the most annoying was that as a group of 4, the table was sized seemingly for 2. For a meal that is clearly sharing oriented there just wasn't enough room on the table for the food...which made it stressful to pass around etc. I had been excited to take my family for excellent Indian food but in the end it was just an ok experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere