“Loved the Palak Chaat (crispy baby spinach)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rasika

Rasika
633 D Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-637-1222
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,623 restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
“Loved the Palak Chaat (crispy baby spinach)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Met up with an old colleague and popped in to see if we could be seated without reservations on a Thursday night. We were seated in the lounge after about a 40 min wait. The ambience is very nice with attentive and courteous service from the staff. I chose an appetizer of Palak Chaat which is crispy baby spinach with yogurt tamarind and date chutney. It was an explosion of flavors and plenty enough for two to share. I ordered the Roti bread and an entree of Vanghi Batata Rassa which is Indian eggplant with potatoes and onions. The eggplant entree was a bit of a letdown as it was way too salty on this evening but I will definitely return to sample more of the Palak Chaat and other house specialties.

90% Recommend
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cutting edge Indian Food. Eat here if you can - reservations are hard to come by...EVERYTHING is delicious. Great service and reasonable prices too.

Visited March 2013
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Due to the popularity of the restaurant I made a reservation 6 months in advance. They called and reminded me to morning of which I thought was very customer friendly. We were graciously greeted upon entering and the waiter was very engaging and pleasant. As this was our first visit the waiter spent time explaining dishes and trying to match them to our tastes as well as highlighting the chefs choices. This was very helpful but we chose the small plate variety meal with a wine pairing as we wanted to try a variety of dishes. I feel this was an excellent choice as we got to sample 6 different small plate dishes and the wine was great also. There was more than enough food and each dish was exceptionally tasty. I still don't think I could name a favorite!.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Wonderful Dinner Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have never eaten at a restaurant serving Indian food before, and thought we'd give Rasika a try based on the great reviews. My husband, 19 year old son, and I were extremely pleased. I had accidentally made reservations for a week later, but were able to be worked in (we were there early in the evening). The service was wonderful, and we asked our waiter to make recommendations for us. He did not disappoint. We started with Palak Chaat, a wonderful crispy spinach dish, along with two other appetizers. We followed with the pork chop, chicken biryani, and a shrimp dish. We ended with two wonderful desserts our waiter recommended. Everything we tried was excellent. We will definitely be back the next time we are in DC. We would love to try Indian cuisine closer to home, but doubt it could live up to Rasika!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crewe
“Must Visit!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

On our first ever visit to Washington from the UK was a fantastic way to spend an evening, we ventured there early on a Monday night thinking we wouldn't need to book, wrong!! However the staff were very helpful and managed to fit is almost immediately. Food was excellent and the staff were extremely attentive and very helpful. What a wonderful memory me and my husband will have of Washington.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere