“Shouldn't be listed as a B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Brookland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
The Brookland Inn
You added The Brookland Inn to your Saves list
3742 12th Street NE, Washington DC, DC 20017   |
Ranked #29 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Shouldn't be listed as a B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is not a B&B. When I think of a B&B I think of a house with many bedrooms with a delicious home cooked breakfast... This place is more like a hotel suite (apartment really...) kitchenette, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. When arriving I was about to kill my husband for booking such a ******* place to stay (the outside and the lobby are not impressive, even kind of depressing) but once the receptionist took us to our "apartment", I calmed down. It was very clean and had nice furniture. I must warn, I would not feel safe staying here alone and I am no small town girl (I travel alone in NYC at night weekly). The neighborhood isn't bad, it's just not great... you can tell the community is trying to improve. I would not walk alone at night even though the street appears empty. This is not within walking distance to the attractions of DC, but public transportation is close. Also, the wireless internet is hit or miss too depending on where you are sitting.

With all that said, I would stay here again as it was clean and a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a great B&B with very spacious rooms. each suite has a living room, kitchen and separate bedroom(s). We stay here every time we go to DC to see my son at CUA. You won't find a better value anywhere. I hear people say the neighborhood can be questionable but we've never seen anything bad. It's like alot of areas in DC, don't go walking around at night alone. We're staying here again next month

Room Tip: there's no elevator but its only 3 stories
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The rooms were nice but the locks were not very sturdy. There was a bathroom, bedroom, living room and kitchen. The lobby had a combination push-pad lock that had the relevant numbers worn off by repeated punch-ins. They provided in-suite food in the refrigerator but the inn is located in a questionable neighborhood and there were police sirens every five minutes that evening as I tried to sleep. Online service was great but it was hard to find the "innkeeper" to check out the next morning to head out for my interview. For a college-age, smalltown Midwestern girl, it was a nerve-wracking experience. Probably less so for those with more experience in big cities and more travels under their belt.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just got back from my first visit to DC and had a wonderful stay! The Brookland Inn is a cute B&B just outside of the main city area. The metro stop is only about a block away, which was great for our purposes. My friend and I stayed in a one bedroom suite and were very pleasantly surprised with the room - or apartment as it seemed. The kitchen was well stocked with muffins (chocolate chip were delicious!), yogurt, oatmeal, cereal etc. This was great for the mornings! It was very nice to have a living room area separate from the bedroom. Bathroom has some water marks on the ceiling, but didn't really effect our stay. We were there for 3 nights and it felt more like home than a hotel. We came in later at night and there was a key waiting for us on our arrival. Check out was very simple as well, just signed some paperwork and left the key in the room. Neighborhood looked ok. As a girl alone, might be questionable, but I was staying with a friend so turned out fine. Overall, great experience and I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I would recommend the Brookland Inn to anyone that is new to the area. Very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Southbury, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

begins our review of the Brookland Inn. We stay here while visiting our niece who lives in the leafy Brookland neighborhood of DC. If you need a big lobby welcome, constant staff attention, a big view of the White House from the window, and an elevator and/or porter for your luggage, go somewhere else. If you want a clean, spacious place to spread out, precious privacy as you come and go, a VERY comfortable bed (in the 3rd floor 2 bedroom unit), adequate air conditioning, ample toiletries and towels, and the biggest little continental breakfast -- then come to the Brookland. The reservation is a breeze, the check-in is a little quirky, and wireless internet service is not a problem. Breakfast is apple/orange juice, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, sodas, oatmeals, cereal, milk, fruits, and reliable jumbo Costco muffins for all in your party. Your car is safe in the lot on the side of the building or if you are lucky enough to find a spot on the street out front. The Metro is nearby as is the National Shrine of Immaculate Conception. We walked to the church on 12th Street for a baptism on Sunday morning by the Yes Market, CVS, and the BCafe downstairs, which we hear has good food. This is an older apartment type building turned into a B and B with no sign out front. If you want a reasonable, roomy hideaway removed the bustle of downtown, where you can come and go like a native, and are a reasonably self-sufficient traveler/guest, then the Brookland is definitely for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My stay at the Brookland Inn in DC was a great experience very friendly staff, clean rooms and a nice vegan cafe to suite your taste buds. Extremely comfortable mattress and bedding accesories were clean and relaxing...came into town for buisiness although my stay was just a few days "Brookland Inn" spoiled me with their service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Brookland Inn? Share your experiences!