“Great Service!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brookland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
The Brookland Inn
You added The Brookland Inn to your Saves list
3742 12th Street NE, Washington DC, DC 20017   |
Ranked #29 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Pleasant suit. Great service.... Friendly staff and housekeeping did a great job! We would love to return again!!!! Within walking distance of Franciscan Monastery and Basilica Shrine, both are beautiful sites. Inn is also within walking distance of a Yes! Market (organic market), BCafe (which provides awesome food including vegetarian and vegan meals), other restaurants and cvs store....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here on a trip from Australia: with 4 adults and one child. All our dealings, from email contact, to greeting at the door after a very long flight, were excellent. On our arrival, seeing our tired faces, Rob organised a quick meal for us which was most appreciated. There is plenty of space, fresh towels, excellent breakfast food and facilities, and a terrific organic grocery down the road. We ate at at great little South american place down the road too. We walked around in the evening, enjoying the balmy nights and the beautiful neighbourhood. Metro and bus was easy: we also had a truck with an artwork that we parked next door to the Hotel with no probs. Highly recommended. Thankyou to the lovely team Brookland.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This place has really good reviews...I don't get it. I guess it's just not the place for me. Neighborhood is ok...not awful, but not a lot around, and not the most comfortable place for a single girl to come and go from at night.
Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but the service has been awful. Nobody here when I checked in during the 2 hours (!) when they say someone will be here. Least friendly reception I've had in all my travels, ever. It felt like I was putting them out.
The room is a big apartment, which is nice I guess. A few downsides - the AC is in-window units, so the bedroom is cool, but the bathroom and kitchen are hot. The internet connection is bad. The safe didn't work. And there's no one here to help with anything, so...you're on your own. The "breakfast" is oatmeal and prepackaged muffins...nothing special.
If you want a lot of space, and don't care too much about location or service, this is probably a good deal. The next time I'm in DC I'll definitely go elsewhere - I'd gladly have a smaller space and walk out the door to a more convenient neighborhood, at a place with better service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I have stayed at many Bed and Breakfasts over the years so I had a certain expectation of what the Brookland Inn would be like. They have a very nice website and everything they show you looks nice. But don't be fooled! The Brookland Inn is NOT in a good neighborhood! We were misled about where the hotel actually was. We asked if it was near Dupont Circle like their sister property and were told, "Yes, we're right around the corner from Dupont Circle." Lies! Brookland may be a neighborhood in transition but it needs more transition before I go back. I was traveling with my mother and father-in-law who are in their 60s and 70s and they refused to take the Metro near the Inn because of the neighborhood and we would be coming back at night and they did not feel safe. That made finding transportation to and from the Mall a hassle. It would have been nice to know that before we booked our reservation. Lesson learned.

Having said that, the room was actually pretty nice. For the most part it was clean. There were some weird bugs flying around room the first night there but I killed them. It was nice to have breakfast in the fridge every morning but the milk they provided had gone bad and was curdled. The lady who checked us in, who I'm assuming was part of the housekeeping staff, was very nice. We got to the Inn three hours before check-in time and she let us put our luggage in our rooms so they would be safe while we were out. Since the rooms hadn't been cleaned yet, they don't usually do that, but she let us do it anyway which I thought was very kind of her.

Overall, the Brookland Inn is not a terrible place but I won't be staying there if I go back to DC just because of the sketchy looking neighborhood it resides in. It's not really close to anything and if you decide not to take the Metro (because you think you might get stabbed) you have to rent a car and experience the distinct pleasure of driving and parking in Washington, DC.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I had to go to D.C. on short notice I live in N.J. My father had two heart attacks back to back earlier that evening at the Va hospital. I needed a room fast and located close to the hospital. When I called to book the room I was treated with courtesy and a understanding to my needs. When I checked in I could not believe how clean and how well it was decorated (something I don't usually notice) But the room was decorated to compliment the period and character of the Inn,well done. The large bedroom had a king sized bed,a nice sized living room, well stocked Kitchen and very clean bathroom.All of this made a very difficult time in my life so much more bearable!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

This is a great place to stay. I was in town for a meeting at CUA, and this place was ideal. Clean, comfortable, spacious, and easy to get to from the Metro. It felt like I was staying in a friend's apartment while they were out of town. I felt very comfortable walking to the hotel, even late at night. I will stay here from now on when I go to DC no matter where my meetings are. Next time I will bring the family!

Room Tip: Top floor is probably quietest.