“Fun place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
1624 Q St NW, Lowr, Washington DC, DC 20009-6355 (Dupont Circle)
202-462-4265
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
“Fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This is where the cool folk hang out. Food is great. Price is right. Look for congressional staffers here.

Visited June 2014

“Love Hank's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

While wandering around Dupont on our vacation we stumbled upon Hank's during Happy Hour. Great value and even better oysters. A food critic was sitting next to us at the bar and could not believe that we just happened upon this gem. Amazing, first class service. We will definitely return again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu, Hawaii
“There are Oysters, then there's Hanks Oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I happened upon Hank's Oyster bar from a recommendation from an acquaintance I met on the Metro. He and his wife were traveling in the same direction as I was around noon and we started talking while waiting for the train. I couldn't get the idea of an oyster out of my mind for the rest of the day. That night I took a quick bus ride from the Capital Hilton 3 stops to Q Street and 2 minutes later arrived at this nice quaint restaurant. I happened to get there right before the end of happy hour (7:00) where the oysters were $1.00 each. Naturally I wanted 1 dozen and I chose an assortment of the 3 choices available that day. I like my oysters a little briny so there were two choices that I loved - the other, not so much, kind of plain but still clean and delicious. I probably could have eaten another dozen but instead I had the Fried Oyster dinner, YUM!! I also tried a few Belgian beers that are not on most menus but were also nice and tasty. My advice - try it if you like oysters - but go for happy hour and get the bar snacks at reduced rates along with the oysters.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Oyster "Happy Hour"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Come after 10:00pm. for the cheapest Oysters in town. It helps that they're local and great too. It does not hurt that the location is pretty great and the bartenders and general staff are always nice too.
Food can be a bit pricey, and a bit on the average side, but the drinks are pretty good, and for DC it is all within the price range one can expect.

Visited May 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Hank's great neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great nightly specials, great food. Small bowl of chocolate for dessert. Reasonably priced, always fun.

• Visited May 2014