“Happy Hour” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
1624 Q St NW, Lowr, Washington DC, DC 20009-6355 (Dupont Circle)
202-462-4265
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Frederick, Maryland
“Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The place was packed at the bar- never saw the restaurant- we were lucky to find two seats together, not a lot of standing room. Obvious mix of regulars and vacationers; bartenders equally attentive to all. We just had drinks but it was a welcoming environment with some good microbrews to choose from.

Visited April 2014

Milwaukee
“Great neighborhood find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stumbled on this spot and had a great table outside under a heat lamp. Great food! Three of us had the oyster po' boy and thought it was excellent. The roasted broccoli made my non-broccoli eating son a fan!

Visited April 2014
Antonito, Colorado
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I went to Hanks after searching trip advisor for good seafood restaurants in D.C. I went alone as my business partner had a night out with a relative. I was sat near the bar and had an excellent waiter. Not knowing how big the ceviche appetizer was, I ordered it on top of the spectacular oysters on the half shell. It was the perfect blend of spices and lime. I haven't had ceviche before with calamari but this one has a great pairing with shrimp and a white fish. Yummy! The oyster Po Boy sandwich was recommended which was even better than I've had in Louisiana. I highly encourage you to try Hanks Oyster Bar your taste buds will be pleasantly surprised.

Visited February 2014
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

A little difficult to find but food was delicious. I had snapper and my husband had the rockfish. It was delicious but very expensive.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent brunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped in at Hank's for brunch one quiet Sunday afternoon. We liked both the location on a pretty street in Dupont, and the bright, lively space. Our server was attentive, friendly, and familiar with the menu. My husband gave a thumbs-up to the Bloody Mary. Both of our dishes were also excellent. My fish sandwich tasted fresh and well-seasoned, while the mussels my husband ordered were delectable. A great experience. We will return!

• Visited January 2014