“Okay Food and Noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
1624 Q St NW, Lowr, Washington DC, DC 20009-6355 (Dupont Circle)
202-462-4265
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
St Louis, Missouri
“Okay Food and Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

There were four of us at Hanks. I found their special Fried Chicken bland and this restaurant is very loud. The Layout seems to me to make the restaurant seem congested.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fun Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was recommended by a friend, and I was very pleased. It's Very basic, but the food is great, the best oysters I have had maybe ever. Many varieties, and I tried many, all were fresh, and really good. Lot's a good beer and wine selections too. This place has a fun energetic atmospehere.

• Visited February 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great Happy Hour!!! (but they should forbid snob people to enter)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed with my girlfriend in a hotel close to this bar, so we were there a couple of time. It is a bit expensive, but the 10pm Happy hour is the deal!!!! Excellent oysters for $1.25 each. We enjoyed them in a cozy and small room, together with the house wine. Great late night experience that I will repeat for sure. One of the days we arrived earlier, and the bar was absolutely crowded of strange/snob people. The kind of people that if you involuntarily push a bit with your elbow they look at you with arrogance, like if they are merciful because they are not killing you. Come on! It is Saturday night!!! I am not saying they should invite me, but please, let's have fun and behave in a friendly way!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Terrific meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We shared lots of things: BBQ Oysters, fried oyster dinner, the scallop special, mussels in a wonderful broth with a hint of blue cheese... and the mac and cheesy. Everything was wonderful, the price very fair, the waitress friendly and helpful.

I look forward to another trip to DC and to Hank's!

Georgia
“Terrific Oysters and Service, oh my!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I, along with our adult sons, visited Hank's Oyster Bar (DuPont Circle location) on two occasions while in Washington, DC recently. Both meals were delicious, reasonably priced, and the service was outstanding. Each evening, there were selections of fresh, raw oysters on the half shell, and fresh fish selections in addition to the regular menu. We enjoyed dishes as diverse as oysters on the half shell, fried oysters, oyster and lobster po-boys, and steak. All were delicious and served within minutes of our arrival. I highly recommend a casual and delicious meal at Hank's.