“Great Place, Wonderful Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 New York Ave, NE, Washington DC, DC 20002 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
DC Metro Package
Ranked #60 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Clermont, Florida
“Great Place, Wonderful Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My Hyatt Place/DC stay included 34 consecutive days from the end of July through the end of August. At first I was not sure about the location, but once I got settled into my room and search the area everything was great! This is a very nice hotel with wonderful staff! The rooms are specious with a great view of the Capitol and the Washington Monument, super clean, modern and new. The location may not be in the downtown area but the metro station is just a block away from the hotel. I walked to the metro everyday with no issues. I felt very safe in the area with very little noise outside and I was on the 15th floor. The noise between rooms was a bit much to handle at times when trying to go to bed for the night. There are a few great places to eat around the hotel to include a Starbucks, CVS, Walgreens, and a supermarket. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was very convenient with a good selection of breakfast items. The staff there are very accommodating to your needs and willing to make your stay a pleasant one. I would highly recommend staying at this Hyatt. I will stay again the next time am in DC.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Niort, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The room was great and spacious! The bed is a king size one, very confortable! But the room was very noisy, we heard the sound of the streets as if the window are opened, we also heard the TV of our neighbour!
The breakfast was typically american and fine for a free one!
We have tested the swimmingpool, and impossible to go in there! It was too dirty: leaves, dirt, cigarette butt. The hotel is well located near metro station. We've got a great deal to book this hotel, we were disappointing about the noise while the hotel is not in midtown and the dirty swimmingpool!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was so lucky to have found this place as it had just opened a few months earlier. At first I wasn't sure about the location but everything we needed was close by, including a grocery store, 5 Guys, and the metro. The room was very spacious so my son had lots of space for his toys and having great wifi and breakfast in the morning as part of the room cost was definitely what we needed. Would definitely stay here again. Oh and the customer service was great all around and I slept great every night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great new Hyatt Place, easy walk from the NoAm-Gallaudet Metro station. You can see the hotel from the Metro station. There is not much to see in the immediate area. I felt comfortable walking to further places during the day, but things were not so great at night. People outside smoking and walking by, loud motorcycles all night. I was on the 14th floor but still heard street sounds at night (not enough to wake me up). The bathroom is larger than most Hyatt Place's, with the sink and counter in the bathroom. Very nice high shower for tall people. Good WiFi. Usual great breakfast for Hyatt Place.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was brand new and rooms were lovely, clean and I had a great view from the 11th floor.
Alex in the front desk and breakfast area is a lovely person and all the staff were friendly and courteous. I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
North Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed for two nights. The room was very modern and within about two blocks from the NoMa-Gallaudet metro station. The complimentary breakfast was sufficient with strong coffee to add to our experience. There wasn't too much else in the surrounding area of the hotel besides the ATF office, a moes restaurant, and some other businesses however, the hotel staff informed me that the owner of the hotel bought adjacent properties was was seeking to build mixed use office/retail/restaurant space to help cater to the hotel. I was very pleased with our stay, and as time moves on your experience may be more enhanced than mine.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

New Hotel, great staff, safety inside the hotel (key card to go up elevator) but this is a ROUGH area. Our family of 5 slept great in this large room but the street where valet parking is located is a dangerous area after dark. We heard fighting and gun shots, even 8 stories up. Easy walk to metro but after dark, stay on New York Ave, not on easier back road (N I think). Would not stay again due to nightclubs/late night danger of this area. probably Ok if you are in bed by 9-10pm or use cabs instead of metro

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear KimbKeith,

Thanks so much for sharing your first experience as we always like to get feedback both good and bad. A good stay starts with receiving everything you expect from a clean crisp room to being greeted by well trained staff that put the guest comfort first. I understand being so close to the city center our fourth of July celebrations carried on through the weekend.

I would like to apologize our location of our hotel does not live up to your expectation. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome, safe and comfortable in our property.

Wish all the best,

Stacy Smith

Been to Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol? Share your experiences!