“Great Food, cool location” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Duck Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,563 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24 & M Streets NW
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Station - Orange and Blue Lines Dupont Circle Metro Station - Red Line
Description: Blue Duck Tavern, a contemporary neighborhood restaurant, invites its guests to gather and celebrate in good taste with a menu focusing on the freshest ingredients available from local purveyors and artisans. The menu notes every farm where the main ingredient for the dish was raised before its journey to the table. Dishes are genuine, time-honored and traditional -- slow roasting in wood embers, braising, preserving and smoking techniques bring the true flavors of America's great, simple and wholesome foods to the Blue Duck Tavern. The restaurant has an elegant residential feel through the open staff pantry and kitchen, wood-burning oven and the showpiece Molteni range.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Food, cool location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Opposite my apartment, in the Park Hyatt hotel (full disclosure here: I'm a fan of the brand) this place is great for any meal, but breakfast is the best. Especially on sunny days on the outside porch. Also love the glass enclosed tables that give you some privacy when you dine with friends.

Service is amazing, really friendly staff and they let you BYO. Truly a great hotel restaurant...

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BlueDuckTavern, Public Relations Manager at Blue Duck Tavern, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Georg H,

Wow, what a wonderful neighbor we have! Thank you for being both a loyal patron of the Park Hyatt brand and our Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. It's terrific to read how much you enjoy dining with us, especially for breakfast. Now that the weather is finally getting warmer, we look forward to seeing you on the terrace.

Northern Virginia
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have been here for brunch and dinner. The only thing I don't like about Blue Duck Tavern is the price, but I knew the prices coming in--and its not hard to find out whats typical beforehand--so I felt it unnecessary to dock stars.

For brunch, definitely try their bloody marys. It is what I compare all other bloody mary's I have to. I tend to favor lighter meals so my favorite item here thus far has been the wagyu beef tartare. The roasted marrow was really tasty and seasoned perfectly as well. And from what I sampled of a friend's muscovy duck breast, I've decided my next visit I am ordering that. My hubby loved his 12-hour roasted suckling pig.

Definitely will make the short list when considering places to bring out-of-town guests to, or for a special occasion brunch or dinner. Too pricey to be a regular thing...at least on my income.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sweet P,

Thank you for taking the share feedback from your brunch & dinner experiences with us. It's great having you as a fan of our Bloody Mary's, along with a few other dishes. We look forward to having you celebrate your next special occasion with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Always my go to spot in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I love the setting of this restauraunt! It has a nice modern, upscale feel. The food is great. I love the glass booths for a more intimate setting. Staff is always great and accommodating when you bring a child with you.

Visited July 2013
Dear Heather O,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of our restaurant. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoy both our warm and inviting setting and the service of our team. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to seeing you again.

Sao Paulo
“No walk ins”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Doesn't accept walk ins for brunch on weekends, even if the room is empty. So rude and narrow minded, I wouldn't come back. The city has plenty of options to go.

Dear Juliana_SP1,

Thank you for your post. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the service you received when trying to dine here for brunch. I am not sure what time you arrived or who you spoke with, but we do accept walk-ins for brunch during regular dining hours when tables are not already reserved.

If you would like to share more feedback concerning your recent experience, please feel free to contact me directly at renee.eisman@hyatt.com. Thank you.

Director Of Public Relations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,210 helpful votes
“Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We tried to have brunch here before but we were told that we needed to book in advance. So this time we did it, with one week in advance.
The food is delicious, a little pricey but good quality. We shared 3 dishes, savory and sweet.
The pear French toast had a different consistency, fluffier than is usual but delicious.
The crab cake (half order) is to die for. Plenty of fresh crab meat. It comes with a green salad with capers which delivers an interesting mix of flavors. Terrific.
Finally, the short rib hash was very tasty and tender. It comes with a biscuit that goes well with the meat sauce and egg yolk.
Our server, Andre, was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.
Overall a great place for brunch in DC.

Visited April 2014
Dear HelenaGuerra,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your recent brunch. It sounds like a delectable meal topped off with delightful service. I also enjoyed looking at your photos too. Thanks for sharing. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.