I stayed at this inn to experience a new, different place. The inn is located on a lovely street and cabs are in abundance. As for the inn, I had a wonderful welcome. I stayed in the Zora Neal Hurston room. The room was spacious, but there were some things that needed to be done:
1. The sheets were not of a good quality and in shades of red with pattern. In fact, there wasn't a fitted sheet and it appeared to be just a flat sheet. The pillows were also not fluffy. Simple, nice 600 thread count white sheets and new pillows would have been great.
2. The room had dust around the floor boards and the hardwood floors were really scratched up.
3. The air conditioning unit was one that was inside of the window. It did work, but was loud.
4. The furniture, though of the period, was scratched up.
5. The toilet seat needs to be replaced.
Again, my stay was OK and the neighborhood was wonderful, but the inn didn't have the final touches to make it awesome. You'll marvel over the architectural touches. I didn't have breakfast, as I headed out really early in the morning.