This bed-and-breakfast is an older home in DC, bordering 3 very trendy neighborhoods. It's reasonably close to the U St./Cardozo metro station, but you'll need to walk 10 minutes to get anywhere of interest. It's on a busy through-street with lots of traffic, liquor store and bodegas (this doesn't bother me, but it could irritate a light sleeper). I stayed on the top floor. I've seen cleaner bathrooms-- this is my biggest complaint about the place. The drains didn't work, the bath mats were dirty, and the tub/sink didn't look like they'd been scrubbed in a while. The price for my room was steep because I only stayed one night (they require 2 night minimum stay, or else a $20 surcharge). The host was very friendly and accommodating and apparently there is a continental breakfast served between 8:30 and 9:30 am (but I didn't wake up in time!) Overall the place is adequate, but could use a facelift and a good cleaning... the decor & furniture were a bit shabby considering the price.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast On u. Street Hotel Washington Dc
- Bed And Breakfast On u. Street Hotel
- b&b On u. Street
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bed and Breakfast on U. Street offers visitors a choice of 4 guestrooms, 2 with shared bath for the budget minded traveler, a suite with accommodations up to 4 and a standard room with a queen sleigh bed and private bath. We are located in Dupont Circle, along U. Street, Washington's newest hip neighborhood. Metro access is less than a 10-minute walk for the Convention Center or Smithsonian's. Children welcome and off-street parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Bed and Breakfast on U. Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.