“Meal at Dubliner, Washington DC” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Dubliner

The Dubliner
520 N. Capitol St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-737-3773
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 164 Nightlife in Washington DC
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Hagford Wife
6 attraction reviews
“Meal at Dubliner, Washington DC”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We found info about the Dubliner, Washington in the DK Travel Guide & therefore thought it was good. How wrong can it get! Awful service with waiters not paying attention to what's ordered, bringing main meal before starter and my husband had to ask for cutlery three times. Food was quite unpleasant, with strange flavours for Chicken Pot and very little chicken. Overall one of the worst meals of our USA trip!

Visited July 2014

Milan, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“A great NEW experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Met up with a College Pal that I hadn't seen in 44+ years along with meeting his Wife, for the first time. The DUBLINER was his choice and we were sure glad he suggested it. The service was excellent and the menu extensive. AND...man the food was GREAT! 3 orders of Fish & Chips and 1 Shepherd's Pie. Joseph O'Toole (from Co. Mayo) was our waiter. A delightful fellow to be sure. Joseph introduced us to the owner (Daniel Coleman) & his nephew (Daniel Coleman, II). We also met the lovely lady who handles the finances (Brigid Gorman from Co. Kildare). The decor was completely authentic. Just a super time. Very welcoming and well attended by a prominent mixture of "DC-ites"! With all the snow (14") that night...my Wife & I went back on Friday!

Visited February 2014
McAlester
“Great Times.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have always came to this restaurant every year I have came to Washington DC. I have never had one bad meal. The bartender recognized me from well over a year ago. I was very surprised. The food was very excellent. Homely, well prepared, and very tasty. I have not had that excellent cut of steak in a long time. I will always return this establishment for as long they keep their doors open .

Chicago, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Went during the busy lunch period but still received a lot of personal attention from the waitress, who sounded like she was from Ireland, and was very motherly. I ordered the corned beef sandwich, and when she saw they had delivered grey poupon mustard with my sandwich she said she had something better than that. She brought me a mustard mixed with horseradish and had me try a little on a small portion to see if I liked it. She said it really brought out the taste of the corned beef, and she was right, so I used it for the rest of my sandwich. Quite delicious!

Definitely stop by for a bite if you are in the area near Union Station.

Visited November 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
33 attraction reviews
“Good pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop on the "we've just arrived in DC and the government is shutdown" trip. I had the fish and chips which were good. My friend had the shepherds pie and it was very good. Had my first Guinness and it was excellent. This is a great place to stop in for lunch for a quick bite to eat. Literally is across the street from Union Station.

Visited October 2013