“Good pub” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Dubliner

The Dubliner
520 N. Capitol St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-737-3773
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #168 of 472 things to do in Washington DC
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
33 attraction reviews
“Good pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop on the "we've just arrived in DC and the government is shutdown" trip. I had the fish and chips which were good. My friend had the shepherds pie and it was very good. Had my first Guinness and it was excellent. This is a great place to stop in for lunch for a quick bite to eat. Literally is across the street from Union Station.

Visited October 2013

MD, DC metro
23 attraction reviews
“Food not very good, close to National Mall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had lunch here with friends. I ordered the fish and chips. It was sub-par. The fish (supposed to be pollock) was small inside a lot of tasteless batter. The fries were equally tasteless and there were very few of them. This entree comes with coleslaw, and it is not good. The lemon wedge served with my iced tea was the most flavorful and best tasting food item. My dining companion had the shepherd's pie; that dish is huge, he ate half. He didn't rave about it but said it was good. Our waitress was friendly and very attentive. Kudos to her for not ever rudely interrupting our conversation to see if we liked our meal or needed more of anything. She simply gauged when to appear and refilled our drinks, cleared away dishes, provided things we asked for.

I dined with friends, with a six year old in tow, from out of town who were doing a tour at the Capitol and staying at a nearby hotel. The Dubliner was a good meet up spot. I live in the DC area but I would not chose to go back again. Nothing else on the menu really appealed to me. However, at lunch time the place was packed with businessmen and a few business women.

The Dubliner Irish Pub address is actually: 4 F St NW Washington, DC 20001. The address listed for this tripadvisor entry is actually for the Phoenix Park Hotel, in which the The Dubliner is located.

The Dubliner website: http://dublinerdc.com/

There is a nice outdoor patio for dining at this restaurant and a full sized bar area. It is located across from Union Station and The Postal Museum.

Visited July 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“Proper Irish pub!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Arrived in Washington tired and hungry with my family.
Dropped hire car off at Union Station and seen The Dubliner across the road. What a result.
Good choice of beers and you could even get Magners Cider.
A few pints of Magners and a burger sat outside with great views of Union station.
Good quality food and drink, great value. Excellent first impression of Washington.

Visited August 2013
Upper Arlington, Ohio
“Fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Good food above average prices. For the money, there are better places to go. Breakfast averaging $14 a plate for eggs seems a bit much.

Visited July 2013
Greenfield, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“Great food...reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Chicken pot pie was delicious and a good sized portion. Husband had bangers and mash which he enjoyed. For dessert, we shared a Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake slice. Yummy!

Visited May 2013