“mediocre choice & strange service” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Saskatoon, Canada
“mediocre choice & strange service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

The food at the White Tiger was alright - not inedible, but nothing to write home about either. We did find the service strange. We were told not to order some dishes because they would take too long. When we said we were in no hurry, the time estimate given to prepare them went up by at least 30 minutes. When we insisted this is what we wanted to eat, they finally relented. "Buttered" naan came out dry and then afterward they brought out half a pound of butter for us to use. Portions are really large, so don't order too much - they won't tell you you've ordered too much for the number of people you have. I was there with my husband and we probably had enough food for 4 people.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good standard curry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We live in the area and my wife is a Brit, so we go here to get her weekly curry food fix. The atmosphere is relaxing, usually quiet and nicely lit. When the weather is nice the patio is a great place to sit also. We usually go at around 6pm and it's never a problem getting a seat.
The food is always good. I usually get the lamb or beef vindaloo and have never been disappointed. They will adjust the spice to make it how you like it and it goes great with a Kingfisher beer.
Servers are always very nice and professional, but they could be a little more attentive.
I notice that a lot of their negative reviews cover the lunch buffet which I have never tried. Frankly, I can't remember ever having a good lunch buffet, Indian or anywhere else. Try the dinner menu and I think you'll have a good experience

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“No Lamb!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Despite my landlady being unable to recommend this place after living a few streets away for 5 years, we thought we'd try anyway............
After being seated, given drinks & waiting to order, we were told that lamb was unavailable in ANY dish. Very strange? There was only chicken on the menu otherwise (as a meat option) This wasn't what we wanted & made us wonder the wisdom of coming here, so we left.....

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Butter chicken is delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Love this restaurant! Food is very good but a little bit pricey. I highly recommend the butter chicken! I've gone for dinner on weeknights and it never seems to be crowded - I imagine they do more business at lunch time. Has both indoor and outdoor seating. Make sure to get your picture taken with the giant stuffed animal white tiger by the door!

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richlands, North Carolina
“Delicious Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Really great Indian food, good menu, many selections. No wine list. Maybe under staffed--or maybe just on the evening of our visit. Nice location with seating indoors and out. Not too far from the Capitol or the Union Station Metro station.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere