“Great place to stay for a Nats game” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2! Book Now
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Virginia
“Great place to stay for a Nats game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here to be able to go into downtown DC, park the car, hang out, catch a Nats game, and then walk back to our room.

That is exactly what we got.

This hotel is right next to the metro station that most people use to get to the Nats games, so in case you are wondering how far you really have to walk to get to the stadium form the hotel.. You can use that are a past reference if you have taken the metro.

The hotel is about a block away from the new up and coming area called "the yards" which has a great pool like basin for families and about 5 new places to eat. Of course the best part of all of this is that you do not need to worry about parking, because you are walking.

The hotel gave us an upgrade because it took a little longer than usual for a room to get ready, so that was very nice and continued to show the Marriott quality of hotels.

Would definitely recommend staying here if wanting to go to a Nats game and spend the night.

Room Tip: We had a high floor to get away from the traffic below
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason H, Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay. The Navy Yard area is growing and has so much to offer. We recently had an ice cream shop, Ice Cream Jubilee, open and it is a great spot to stop by on game days. We hope to have you back the next time you come to see a Nationals game.

Jason Horni
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed for a week-long visit while attending a training seminar. It was walking distance to my training location and access to the DC Metro. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and quiet. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful for those not accustomed to the area. The happy hour (4-7pm) prices are good at the bar on the ground level and the gym area is decent but lacking space if more than 3 people use at the same time. Parking associated with the hotel is convenient but pricey at $29.50/day, there is less expensive parking close to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jersey city nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We arrived for a weekend family get together late on a Friday night. The front desk clerk informed us that the garage was full and that we would have to park on the street and wake up at 7am to move our car. It would have been helpful in their "we can't wait to welcome you to our hotel " email I received earlier in the week if they had mentioned the possibility of no parking...We were then given a room next to the elevator...when I specifically asked for a room as far away from elevator as possible. I made my way downstairs as my husband searched for a parking space. The front desk sensing my frustration took a moment and fixed my issues....we rewound and started over....she called the garage to see if they could squeeze another car in and moved my room to the top floor far away from the elevator and connected us to the room that my inlaws would be staying in the next day. I can't tell you how her professional and calm demeanor saved my trip and my review!! The first room on the 4th floor smelled faintly of smoke...but the room on the 15th floor was perfect. Clean, quiet and with the connecting room made for the perfect large suite to share with extended families. The hotels decor both in lobby and room is updated and contemporary. I would say bring your shampoos and soaps as their offerings were skimpy and not great quality. Their breakfast was actually quite good but ended MUCH to early for late risers on vacation. The location is walkable (long distance) to the Capital. I would have loved a walkable map to the newly renovated waterfront which no one that worked there could tell me how to get to...(was hoping for a run along the water). I think this is perfect inexpensive choice to stay in the Nations Capital to soak up the sights and relax.

Room Tip: Upper floor was the way to go....
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the 4th of July, with the main reason for my visit being to see a Nationals game. The hotel was extremely convenient to the Nationals stadium, maybe a 10 minute walk at most. Hotel was relatively inexpensive compared to most other Marriotts in the city mainly because it's not in the heart of the city. However, there is a Metro station about a block away. I bought a day pass for the Metro and was able to travel back and forth to Smithsonian/National Mall as many times as I wanted to without having to pay any more. Would recommend this hotel, was a typical Courtyard for the most part but was very clean. Only downside was there wasn't much to eat around the area- there was the place in the hotel, a Subway, a Starbucks, and a Five Guys (which was closed).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jason H, Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are excited to hear how our convenient location to the Metro and the Nationals Stadium played a part in the enjoyment of your trip to Washington DC.

Our Community here is ever changing, with new restaurants opening every month. We hope to have you back soon.

Jason Horni
Assistant General Manager
El Cajon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. It was recently remodeled and looks brand new. The staff is helpful, polite, and competent. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and clean. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Get on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had really good luck with courtyard Marriotts and they have exceptional service and their beds are so comfortable. We also chose this hotel because it was close to the nationals ballpark and the metro(only a couple stops to the mall). Neighborhood is quiet and there is the fantastic G and B brewery restaurant and a cvs pharmacy. A quick walk to the ballpark. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family stayed here to attend a Nationals game. The hotel's location was great for attending the game, and it is very close to the Navy Yard metro stop for easy access to other things in DC. The room was clean and nice. The food options, both inside the hotel and around the hotel are very limited. For breakfast each morning, the hotel restaurant was out of something that either my wife ordered or my son ordered.

There are a number of new buildings being constructed around the hotel; and hopefully, new restaurants will be added in the area when those are finished.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Chris J

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize that our level of service did not fully meet with your expectations. I will take your feedback and make sure that I share it with my staff.

Thank you again and we will have these matters corrected when you visit us again.

Best
K. Andre Antoine

Been to Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard? Share your experiences!