“Short stay, good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Rhode Island
“Short stay, good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a one night business trip. I arrived midday for an evening event, and I was met by a very polite and efficient desk clerk. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had a room already available. This allowed me to review my materials and rest a little before my meeting. I left early the next morning to get back to BWI before the worst of the traffic, so I didn't try their breakfast. Very convenient location with a CVS half a block away and many places to eat within a few blocks. It's also one block from the Navy Yard and the Navy Yard Metro stop on the green line. I had a great view of Nationals Park from my 11th floor room.

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We traveled to D.C. for parents weekend, and spent two nights here. Due to an early flight, we got to the hotel before noon, expecting to check our baggage until check-in time, but we were able to get right into our room. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and informative. The room was very clean, very comfortable. We slept well.
Friday night we had appetizers and drinks in the Bistro off of the lobby. The bartender was very personable. The flatbread appetizers were delicious. It was a great place to sit and talk.
The location was just one block away from a Metro stop, which was convenient for us.
On Saturday morning, we had some time to kill, so we took a walk around the area. What a nice location! There is a residential community nearby, made up of brownstone townhouses painted pretty colors. Also, a park area designed to be sustainable (rain gardens, underground heating, etc.). Very interesting. Oh,and the Nationals ballpark is a block away as well.
We had breakfast at Lot 38, an espresso bar around the corner from the Marriott, and this was a nice place to dine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was happy to see that this hotel had a high rating by your site. The hotel seemed decent at first. The second day I came back after work and got in the shower to realize there was no shampoo. I went downstairs to ask for some. The man behind the counter told me they ran out but there is a CVS down the street. I replied that I was not ready to walk in a strange city to get an item that I expected hotels to carry. Also my friends had told me it was not a great neighborhood to be walking around at night in DC. His reply was, "You want the shampoo don't you?"
The breakfast in their bistro is overpriced. I got a large latte and egg white english muffin and it was $14.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Rebecca B

Good day. Thank you for your candid thoughts on our hotel. I am truly sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expecations. I will make sure to pass this feed back to our staff members. This will only serve to help make us better.

Thanks again.

Best
K.Andre Antoine
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our friends when we went to two Nationals games this summer. Let me first say that the front desk is extremely friendly and helpful! From the get-go they were ready to give us places to see and even took our luggage while we waited for our check-in time. The hotel rooms were clean, spacious, and the bathrooms were great! Rooms were totally updated. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the stadium- super close! It is also close to some great restaurants, and is only a 20 minute walk to the National Mall. We didn't mind the walk at all because it was great weather and we were able to see some wonderful residential areas of the city. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby which was super convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to a Nationals game or if you want to be close to 8th street. The pool and hottub was a great bonus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The staff were so very helpful and attentive to our requests regarding places to eat, etc. Facilities were very nice. Location is verh handy to metro and walking to Capital Hill.The convenience of other inexpensive places to eat nearby was helpful. It was easy to drive to.

Room Tip: Elevators were adequate so any floor should work.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Lets start out by saying "yes I know we are in Washington, BUT" My goodness its expensive! The hotel as a whole was fine. Clean and well staffed. Go see Tamika at the bar for happy hour! She makes good peach martini's!
Now for the CONS : Why is it i am paying for breakfast? Is $200+ a night not enough for breakfast? small sandwich, small coffee, small prepackaged juice +tip = $14, Hint: subway is next door. Not much to do (except when baseball is in town) but you should go up to 8th street for restaurants galore! ($10 cab ride tip included) Also Choose high level floors and low number rooms for a good view. otherwise you will be looking at the side of a building.
Would I stay here again? let me think about it.......

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My friend and I came for the Veggie Fest. Check-in was sterile - just give me your credit card and sign here. Parking was $29.50 which is probably the norm for the area. At least there is unlimited in & out for that rate. Room was by the ice machine but very quiet. The a/c was blasting on the lowest setting. A call to the front desk resulted in being placed on hold and we disconnected. However, a callback came quickly after that. We enjoyed the fest and enjoyed a 15 minute walk to a restaurant and organic food store. The room was nice with the exception of what appeared to be a blood stain on the bedding. I went down to the gym when I could not sleep. Towels and cups were all over the place and there were no ear plugs for the treadmill screens in the labelled box. Unfortunately, we did not get to use the whirlpool, but some guests entering said it was very nice. The next morning I found only coffee in the room. Maybe next time there will be tea? No newspaper. Nice hot shower. Breakfast was pretty good and the staff friendly. I liked the big screen in the lobby which showed the weather, places of interest, etc. The Metro is close by too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard? Share your experiences!