We stayed at this Courtyard Hotel while in D.C. for a Washington Nationals game. Lets start with the good first:
Easy to access and the parking is under the hotel which is very convenient. With parking fee and tax it's like $30.00 to park for the night but you'll have this at any hotel in D.C. where parking spaces are at a premium. The hotel is new and modern. Our hotel room was clean. LIke sterile clean. I need to hire the cleaning staff that did our room to come clean my house. And best of all the hotel is a short 3 minute walk from Nationals Park.
The bad: I had called ahead two weeks before our check-in date and made two requests: An early check-in and a lower level room. I was given the opportunity to request the check-in time and the room floor. I requested to check-in at 1 oclock and to have a room on the first or second floor. I was informed that an early check in time was on a "as possible" basis but my request should be possible. I arrived at exactly 1 oclock and found our room wasn't ready. The room wasn't ready until 2:20. And then we were given a room on the 8th floor and a lower level room wasn't an option.
I understand that both of my request were just that, requests, but if they can't be accommodated then don't give the guest the expectation that they can be.
There was no complimentary coffee in the morning although there is a coffee bar in the lobby.
TL:DR version: The hotel is convenient, clean, and the staff is helpful and polite but don't anticipate them to follow through on special requests or accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C., hotels on Capitol Hill! Our modern accommodations and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home!Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood. We are in the heart of Washington, DC office buildings such as Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Parsons, BAE Systems, General Dynamics and Booz Allen Hamilton just to name a few. We are also surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on-site catering from The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. Enjoy breakfast in the mornings from with delicious Starbucks® coffee or relax with a glass of wine in the evening from The Bistro. You can also stay active during your stay with an on-site 24-hour fitness center, offering cardiovascular equipment, an indoor pool and whirlpool. Our lobby features all of the amenities that saavy travelers have come to expect such as FREE WIFI, a quick print station for your boarding pass to save you time at the airport, comfortable in-room work areas with conveniently located outlets and lighting and a 24-hour business center with a library. The modern lobby would not be complete however without our state-of-the-art GoBoard® that offers directions, up to the minute flight and weather information and information on local attractions with the ability to print you directions! It’s personalized service available at your fingertips! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Courtyard
- Washington Dc Marriott