If you're going to a Nationals game and you don't want to drive in or take the Metro, well this is the hotel to stay at. Our room was on the top floor, but no view to speak of as it faced a condo building. There is a small Bistro and a bar in the building as well as a small area where you can get snacks 24/7. The Bistro and Bar close fairly early and there really isn't much around the hotel within walking distance if you want to eat late - say after 10pm. The metro was only a block away and is an easy cheap ride into the capitol area and museums. The location is also a quick 5-10 minute drive to Reagan National Airport.
Yes, parking is a hassle, but I knew that by reading these reviews. Get checked in early and you have a better chance at getting a parking spot. Once you have one reserved, you will get to keep a spot in the garage for the length of your stay and can come and go as you please without having to worry about someone else checking in and getting your spot. You do have to drive into the parking garage, but just inside the garage there will be an attendant that will actually park (and retrieve) your car.
The best thing about this hotel is the service at the front desk. They were wonderful and really helped us figure out how to use the Metro. They also hooked us up with a tour that picks you up at the hotel. All-in-all, a very nice hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Courtyard
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C., hotels on Capitol Hill! Our modern accommodations and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home!Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood. We are in the heart of Washington, DC office buildings such as Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Parsons, BAE Systems, General Dynamics and Booz Allen Hamilton just to name a few. We are also surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on-site catering from The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. Enjoy breakfast in the mornings from with delicious Starbucks® coffee or relax with a glass of wine in the evening from The Bistro. You can also stay active during your stay with an on-site 24-hour fitness center, offering cardiovascular equipment, an indoor pool and whirlpool. Our lobby features all of the amenities that saavy travelers have come to expect such as FREE WIFI, a quick print station for your boarding pass to save you time at the airport, comfortable in-room work areas with conveniently located outlets and lighting and a 24-hour business center with a library. The modern lobby would not be complete however without our state-of-the-art GoBoard® that offers directions, up to the minute flight and weather information and information on local attractions with the ability to print you directions! It’s personalized service available at your fingertips! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Fareportal , Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.