Although the hotel was clean and the bed comfortable (although on the soft side), the towels were thin and scratchy as was the toilet paper in the room. TP in public areas was better quality. There are two computers in lobby for guest use. During the entire four days of our stay, one did not work, and the other worked very poorly. There were constant error messages to deal with which made any task take 3x as long.
The alarm portion of the alarm clock in our room did not work. However, we were able to get a wake up call from front desk.
Message light on phone does not show up except in dark, so we did not know we had had messages since mid afternoon until waking up in the middle of the night and then seeing the light. Most hotels have something that flashes to alert you.
Excellent personnel at the front desk - very friendly and helpful.
Hotel is remote from anything in the District except the ball park. There is a bus that comes every 12 min. during the day that goes to and from Union Station, passing Capitol Hill. The Metro is a block away. However, it is the Green line which did not go anywhere we wanted to go, so we constantly had to transfer to other lines.
Although there is a lot of activity in the area during the day due to office buildings, not much activity at night. Few restaurants in the area. The area does seem safe at night, however, with no suspicious characters hanging around. We returned by Metro at 9:30 p.m. I had been apprehensive that we would be the sole people exiting the train but there were about 20 others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C., hotels on Capitol Hill! Our modern accommodations and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home!Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood. We are in the heart of Washington, DC office buildings such as Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Parsons, BAE Systems, General Dynamics and Booz Allen Hamilton just to name a few. We are also surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on-site catering from The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. Enjoy breakfast in the mornings from with delicious Starbucks® coffee or relax with a glass of wine in the evening from The Bistro. You can also stay active during your stay with an on-site 24-hour fitness center, offering cardiovascular equipment, an indoor pool and whirlpool. Our lobby features all of the amenities that saavy travelers have come to expect such as FREE WIFI, a quick print station for your boarding pass to save you time at the airport, comfortable in-room work areas with conveniently located outlets and lighting and a 24-hour business center with a library. The modern lobby would not be complete however without our state-of-the-art GoBoard® that offers directions, up to the minute flight and weather information and information on local attractions with the ability to print you directions! It’s personalized service available at your fingertips! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Washington Dc Courtyard