“Tasty appetizers and drinks” 4 of 5 stars

+1 202-484-0301
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Agua 301 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #881 of 2,710 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Tasty appetizers and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Friends and I stopped by before a concert in July and we all enjoyed the appetizers and margaritas. Service was good even when it got crowded. I would go back for the food and beverages.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Agua 301 Restaurant, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you!

Brooklyn, New York
“The place is cute. But unless your two sheets to the wind or haven't dined out before, don't.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I begin by saying the place itself is cute and along the waterfront. What could be more perfect in DC? Uber excited about $5 fish tacos would be an understatement. Utterly disappointed by the food and service would be and overstatement. And maybe it was an off night. The tacos? Bland. The salsa? More like an Indian or Thai dipping sauce with cream in it. The chips? Well, they're in a basket drawer behind the kitchen door and a the staff grab them using the basket they come in - and I saw a few hit the floor before the door swung shut. And when it swung open the other way, I saw the server put them back in the basket. Ugh. The bathrooms were smelly and not very clean. Nothing was very clean, really. If you looked close. We were never greeted at the door after several minutes so we went to the bar, where the bartender was nice enough, but very distracted and unpleasant. What can I say? Short of a dramatic twist of fate, I won't be back. My friend who also lives in the area has decided to give this place some time before she tries again.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“great location. great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went there in Mid-July with my wife, 3-month old daughter, my wife's cousin and a friend. It's unusually cooler for July in DC, so we sat outside and enjoyed the view of the waterfront. My wife, daughter and I got there a little early for our reservation (recommended if there game at Nat's park), so we had a drink during happy hour. I had a classic Margarita, which was a decent price for DC.

When we finally sat down for dinner, we all ordered several small dishes to share. The queso was delicious. The pork belly tacos are amazing. we also had one of their specials (shredded beef on top of plantains) which was really good. We also had yucca fritas, which were a little undercooked, but the chimichurri which was good.

For the amount of food, and being in DC, it was decently priced. Good service, great view of the waterfront. Fully Recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Agua 301 Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you - we're very happy you enjoyed your experience!
Blacksburg
“Good prices, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The new Yard Park area in DC is fantastic. On free music nights it has a real party atmosphere and neat lighting all around--not to mention the huge free splash park. Agua 301 is right in the middle of all of this. We sat outside and overlooked the Anacostia River, decorative bridge, splash park, etc. My friend and I both got the fish tacos and were very pleased with them. I also got the empanada with beef/olives/boiled eggs and liked that. My son had chicken tacos he liked as well, but I must say that the children's beef/steak? tacos are very dry and not very tasty. I found prices excellent: complimentary chips and homemade salsa (very good & a tiny bit creamy or perhaps with a different than usual kind of pepper?). Entrees were only about $8.00-10.00. My son to my surprise really liked the yucca fries--they don't have potato fries. Great place all around.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Agua 301 Restaurant, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Becky - thank you! We appreciate your feedback and are very happy you enjoyed everything!
Hampton, Virginia
“Another Reason to Explore the Navy Yard Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I recently was on a business trip and was staying at the Marriott Courtyard on L street. Some locals recommend this place, so our party of 10 went there for dinner on a Tuesday night. We made the reservation on Open Table. When we arrived we were promptly seated. Agua 301 is something of a Mexican/South American fusion restaurant and the menu consists of creative riffs on classic standards. We started with a variety of appetizers including guacamole made in several different style, empanadas, ceviche & flautas, all were excellent. For main courses we ordered short ribs, that is what I had, really excellent, stuffed chicken breast, salmon and steak. Everybody at the table enjoyed their meals as they were all prepared with fresh ingredients. The service was superb. Agua 301 offers an excellent and affordable wine list. We had several bottles of a Chilean pinot noir for $40.00 For our large party including tax & tip, the cost averaged $30.00 per person. So if you are going to a Nats game or walking along the Potomac, I would definitely put this on your list as a must visit place.

Visited June 2014
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Agua 301 Restaurant, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you! Very happy you and your party enjoyed everything!!!