“Great stay in DC!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 10th Street Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
From $199 With Breakfast
Ranked #39 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sonoma, California, USA
“Great stay in DC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Another great stay at an Embassy Suites! You cannot beat the location! It is located just 5 (long....) blocks from the White House and a mile from the Smithsonian Museums. The rooms are very clean and are nice size. The beds were very comfortable. My only qualm was with the price..... $350 a night!!!! I understand it was the busy time of year, but that is the most I have ever spent for a room at ANY of the Embassy Suites I have stayed at. The restaurant was very good and I can't complain too much about breakfast "on the house" in the morning!

The pool is a bit small and wasn't very clear, but it was well used!

Room Tip: Any room is good! We had one right near the elevator and had no problems!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hi Mario,

This was a great review and I really appreciate you taking the time to write this. Our location is pretty excellent and right in the midst of a very vibrant part of DC which makes it a very convenient place to stay as I see you've enjoyed. Our rates do fluctuate seasonally of course and right at the peak of summer tend to be higher, also keep in mind we are right in the heart of downtown DC which tends to be pricier than other cities as you've stated. I am beyond pleased that you chose us to stay with and enjoyed a great meal at our restaurant as well

Again, I really appreciate this very kind review. I hope you were able to check out some great sites during your stay in DC. If you and your family find yourselves back in DC we hope to welcome you again. We also have some great special packages that provide great savings as well so you'll have to check those out.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Washington D.C., United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Good hotel for the value that is excellently located in the heart of Washington DC. Although limited choices, restaurant food was very good and reasonably priced. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Staff helpful, friendly as well as most of the people patronizing the bar/restaurant at night. Good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Derek,

I appreciate you taking a moment to write this review of my hotel and restaurant. I am very pleased to hear that you experienced great service from the hotel staff along with the restaurant staff as well. Our restaurant is always adding new items to the menu and changing things up seasonally so please be sure to stop by to check out the newest additions. We also feature many great events at the bar so if you stop by again we will make sure your first drink is on the house.

Again, thank you so much for this review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I just stayed at the Embassy Suites Convention Center for approximately 2 months. In that time, there are things that may break or not work right, but it was always dealt with promptly. Before I even arrived at the hotel I was put into contact with the sales department. Linda helped me with my reservation and she was great. She answered all my questions and went above in beyond in every way possible.

Once at the hotel, I had a good overall experience with the facilities but the people who work here made it special. At the front desk, Martes and Robbie were always there for me and very responsive to my needs. Samare at the bell desk always had a smile and just him saying hello in the morning made a huge impression.

Housekeeping was the highlight. Delcita was assigned to my room and she was happy to work around my every changing schedule. She was one of the nicest people I've met and always had a great attitude. She seems like she genuinely enjoys her job and this hotel is lucky to have her on their staff.

All-in-all a great experience and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Erik,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very kind, thoughtful and reflective review of my hotel. Linda in Sales truly is very helpful and I am happy to hear she helped to facilitate your arrival and welcome here. Robbie and Martes are also wonderful and I am pleased to know they were warm and receptive in helping you at the front desk. And of course, Delcita truly is a charm, we are lucky to have her and I am very happy that you were able to experience her genuine kindness and professionalism.

I appreciate all of this wonderful and kind feedback, I know a 2 month stay anywhere can have it's challenges but that fact that everything was dealt with promptly and efficiently is wonderful to hear. We would be more than happy to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to DC. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

the hotel worked well for metro transportation--included breakfast was an added bonus! Nice restaurants in the area. Would recommend this hotel for all age groups. It was a very quiet night's rest in this lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Cindy,

I appreciate you taking a moment to write this very kind review of my hotel. Our location puts us just minutes from the very convenient DC metro and I am pleased to know you took advantage of that. With the CityCenterDC project and all of the great stores and restaurants going up in this area there are many wonderful places to eat and shop within walking distance. I am very happy to know you and your family enjoyed your stay here and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We took the metro in from the airport. We took the yellow line to Gallery Place. Super easy, no transfer, and cost $2.50. Buy a SmarTrip card at the station. Short walk from the metro station to the hotel. We walked everywhere and always felt safe around the hotel at night. The breakfast was fine. Even though it was crowded we always found a place to eat. The hotel seems to cater to groups but that didn't cause any problems.

Greetings Upgraded,

Thank you for letting the Embassy Suites be your home away from home while visiting Washington DC. Your review is concise yet informative and touches on some good points. This goes hand in hand with your Senior Contributor status listed by Trip Advisor. I see lots of positive feedback and I am glad we were able to keep you and your family happy.

I appreciate your time in posting this review and want to make sure you know we would be delighted to welcome you back should travel bring you our way.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in May 2014 with my adult son. We wanted someplace within walking distance of all of the main sites, at a reasonable price, and without having to take the metro back and forth. Embassy Suites filled the bill.

Be sure to check variations on the number of nights you want to stay to get the best price. I found two sets of consecutive two-night stays for $ 169. per night plus tax, by far the best price for a refundable booking near downtown which still gave me HHonors points. I talked to many people who spent more than this for hotels out by the airport requiring rides in and out on the metro, whereas we were able to stop at the hotel for lunch or to have a mid-day swim before going out again.

With the included breakfast, daily Happy Hour, frig and microwave in kitchen area of room, we were able to buy some fruit, keep leftovers and make lunches to bring with us. Good value and allowed us to eat healthy meals. Breakfast included lots of choices and included a cook-to-order option, which we never bothered with. Food at the buffet went quickly and was always replenished quickly.

No views from this hotel, but the area felt safe even when I was alone, and the entire hotel was spotless. The indoor pool provided a wonderful break after a day in 80+ degree weather, and again, was well-maintained.

I hate having to pay for internet, but they have free internet kiosks in the lobby which were adequate for us to email friends and check email. Free access to print boarding passes.

This hotel is within a brisk 15-30 minute walk of all of the major attractions, 5 minutes from Chinatown (try Tony Cheng's restaurant) and 2 minutes from the Capitol City Brewhouse. After a day of rambling it was only a $6-10 cab ride home. We never used the buses or metro but with walking and a few cab rides, got around without a problem.

On the first day, we arrived at 9 AM, and had our luggage promptly stored and were texted when our room was ready before noon. On our last day we left luggage and came back in the evening to be taken to our next hotel. Even though we had checked out, we were welcome to use the pool and other facilities until we left. Front desk personnel were incredibly helpful the entire time, and the room maid provided extras (coffee, pillows, toiletries) as requested.

My only complaint would be that our room, 208, had a connecting door which allowed us to hear comings and goings and some loud voices on the two nights that the next room was in use. But really, this was a minor problem. We usually ask for a room away from the elevator (rooms 220+), but took this room as it was ready earlier in the day. Cannot fault this hotel in any major way, and I would recommend to friends without hesitation.

Room Tip: Some rooms with connecting doors available. If sensitive to noise, request rooms away from the eleva...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello TorontoGal,

Wow, what a thoughtful and very elaborate review of my hotel, I couldn't have written a better review myself! Thank you for all of the kind and complimentary things you've had to say about your stay here you really provided a great deal of positive feedback and I appreciate you taking a moment to do this.

It appears you have truly taken advantage of all the great amenities this hotel has to offer from the location, free breakfast and drinks to the pool, internet kiosks and friendly service. It is such a pleasure to read reviews like yours where the guest has truly been able to experience the level of hospitality to we aim to provide with each and every guest.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write this glowing review. I genuinely appreciate your openness in sharing your experience and I hope to welcome you back again if you find yourself in back in DC.

Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here for a short 4 day trip to DC. The hotel is very nice, with large enough rooms for the 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids) to have plenty of room to spread out and have our own space. The room was clean and had a fridge and a microwave, which was nice for our left over pizza. We booked the AAA package which gave us free wifi and a 2 pm checkout which was awesome!

The walk to the mall area is between 15 and 20 minutes, mostly downhill from the hotel, so its an easy walk. The taxi to Union Station was about $10 bucks (without tip), so it was close too. We also walked about 3 blocks to the metro (metro center) which was very convenient when we were tired of walking.

Breakfast was wonderful (fresh omelettes and eggs to order, or a buffet line which were both good). And every evening they had a small reception with drinks and snacks (chips, crackers, cheese, celery) which was a nice touch.

The only complaint was the pool and the hot tub. The pool is 3'3" deep the entire pool and there were very few parents watching their kids. I got nervous watching the kids jump into the pool with it that shallow. It was a decent temperature, so you could at least swim in it some. Also the hot tub was HOT! Almost too hot for me and way too hot for my 3 year old. It had to be at the upper temp range of 103 degrees. The hot tub needs to be cooled down some, there's no need for it to be that hot.

The staff was very nice and very helpful.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nicole,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of my hotel. I am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed a very comfortable stay in our 2-room suites, even having room to spread out and relax a bit. We truly aim to ensure that every area of service is to our guests standards and I want to apologize for the temperature in our hot tub. I have personally reached out to the Engineering Team to ensure that the temperature is set to a degree that is comfortable to all guests of the hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review of the hotel. I hope you had safe travels back to the Lone Star State and if travel finds you back in DC, I hope to welcome you back here. Until then, safe and happy travels.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center? Share your experiences!