“Great for Family Travel, Expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center to your Saves list
Expedia.com Travelocity
Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 10th Street Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Package
Ranked #37 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Toronto, Canada
“Great for Family Travel, Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just completed a 6-night family of 4 stay and thought this location was good for the breakfast; location to the trolley "hop on" tour; and close to two metro stations. You can walk to the Mall or take the metro two stops. We were upgraded to a 'two room suite' which helped with the space. It has 2 double beds and a pull-out bed, as well as fridge, microwave and two tvs.
The good:
Afternoon Manager's Reception; free Breakfast; Location; And one front desk member who 'took' a pencil from the gift shop, sharpened it and gave it to my daughter when he couldn't find one behind the counter. (She was working on a school project).
The Bad:
Our view (a brick wall); the pool (kind of smelly and cloudy); One grumpy breakfast staff member who, for two days in a row, was really kind of rude. (This is not a mark against the hotel and who know what she was going though this week).
Caution: A little pricey, but so is DC and Valet parking costs are CRAZY! I parked in the public lot kitty-corner to the hotel.
If returning with a family, I would come back. (Unless another hotel offered such a full breakfast)

Room Tip: Use Public Parking instead of Valet! and ask for a room with a view (Not the back alley)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1,224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in early April for a convention. If you've stayed at an Embassy Suites previously, you have an idea of the room. I had a large 2 room suite, bedroom with 2 beds, dresser and nightstand. The bathroom was clean, large and had all the amenities. There was the standard kitchenette with sink, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There was an in-room safe which easily fit my iPad and small laptop. The closet had enough hangers for several people and there was a full size ironing board and iron. The sitting area had a couch, coffee table, TV and table with 3 chairs which would be great for a meeting. I enjoyed the PM happy hour with free drinks, veggies & dip and chips and salsa. The included breakfasts were great, too, with an area to get custom omelets and a standard hot and cold buffet. The staff were friendly and tables were cleaned promptly. There is a charge for wi-fi in the room and the signal was strong and speed was good. Wi-fi is free in the lobby and there are enough electrical outlets to charge all your devices if you don't want to pay for the wi-fi. For those who use Sprint cell service, in my room (614) the signal was available near the window but not in the sitting area. Cell service in the rest of the hotel was great. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the convention center and is close to Chinatown. I didn't try the bar or the restaurant.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our family of 5 just spent 5 nights here while we toured DC. We were overall very happy with our stay. We spend a lot of time planning and researching hotels when preparing for vacation, and determined that this Embassy Suites was the place for us. We had previously determined that the Metro was not something we wanted to deal with, but we instead wanted to focus on being able to walk to our destinations. We took a taxi to the Capitol Building, but easily walked to Ford's Theater, all the monuments, the Smithsonians. Our children are 6, 9, and 11 and the walking distance was not a problem at all.

We enjoyed the size of the room, and the children loved swimming each evening in the indoor pool. Our kids also LOVED the complimentary snack time from 5:30-7:30 each evening! The adults enjoyed the cocktail hours as well.

We found the hotel staff to be very helpful! The staff helped us with getting a taxi, finding restaurants, with directions, etc. They were all helpful during our entire stay.

Although we travel quite a bit, I am not naturally comfortable in big cities. However, I felt very comfortable from the minute I talked to the bellhop that helped us to our room until we checked out 5 days later.

My husband's favorite part was the made to order omelets he had every morning. We saved quite a bit of $ by having breakfast here each morning.

This was a great place to stay!

Valet parking is expensive ($39/ night + tax) - not sure if that is more or less than other hotels in DC.

• Stayed April 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I arrived after a long day of travel and was met by very friendly staff. I decided to use room service the first night as I was prepping for my next day. The food was wonderful - both taste and in presentation. The Tiramisu was fantastic!! The room was very clean, spacious and the bed very comfortable. Loved the pillows...I just sank in and fell asleep all 6 nights without difficulty. The breakfasts were very good - only took advantage of the omelet line once and it was very good. Very friendly, accommodating staff. The head bell-hop (I don't recall his name) always greeted me and wished me a great day. Adanna from the front desk was very nice - she had a great personality and smile. The gift shop was very small - but had what I needed (diet mountain dew - don't find this in many places!). I appreciated the location being close to the convention center and actually close to any location. The only complaint is I tried to log in on the computer in the business center and it wouldn't connect to the internet. I used my IPad - but would have been nice to use the larger computer. All in all - Very nice and would highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and faced another complex (non road side) - road noise was minimal.
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

While staying at the Embassy Suites, we had one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. We had said "hello" passing by once before and on the second day, he asked my daughter how she was. She said she wasn't feeling well which I supspect is what he had noticed. He called our room that night twice to ask how she was, if he could bring her some ginger ale or anything to help her feel better.

What a fantastic employee to have representing your hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Embassy Suites, Convention Center
April , 2013

We selected this hotel because of it’s location. It is within walking distance of of the Metro and the Hop on/off bus. The Circulator bus runs nearby. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They made dinner reservations for us, offered suggestions. Concierge was able to get tickets for Holocaust Museum that meant not waiting in line for tickets. Breakfast is included with the cost of the room. The breakfast includes either a buffet line or a cooked to order line. On the busiest days, there was a long wait for breakfast in either line. On the busiest days, the staff was scrambling to keep up with demands for coffee and sweet rolls. On the less busy days, the breakfast process was easy. Note: The busiest days were Friday and Saturday, which turned out to be part of the spring break on the east coast. The only other problem was printing boarding passes from the computer kiosks. The printers were not functioning. While this was frustrating, the front desk did print our boarding passes quickly. Rooms were clean.
Would I stay in this hotel again? Yes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Clean, good service, Big rooms, great location. Nice amenities. Close to everything. Great breackfast and evening receipton with wines and snacks. Would stay there again. A little bit expensive, but for business trip can't ask for more.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center? Share your experiences!