“Excellent location for business at Convention Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 10th Street Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 136 Hotels in Washington DC
Chapel Hill
“Excellent location for business at Convention Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for four nights for business at the Convention Center. It was a 35 min taxi ride from National for $20. It was a very quick 5 minute 2 block walk to the Convention Center, making it very feasible to "escape" the meeting now and then to retreat back to my room. It is also a great location for catching the Metro, another 5 minute walk. There are plenty of excellent restaurants nearby, the location is also a reasonable walk into the National Mall area and DC sights and museums. The hotel itself is very standard Embassy Suites, nice spacious rooms (nice large desk for working), very convenient morning breakfast. Unlike some other Embassy Suites with windows to the inner area, this had solid walls, so it was a bit more dark than other places. The gym facilities were okay, plenty of aerobics equipment, more limited weights. My only complaint were the computers that were available for printing out boarding passes; they were so, so slow, and I never succeeded in printing out my passes after several independent efforts. Finally, the staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Hebrew first
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here and it was a short, five minute walk to the Convention Center. It was a short, five minute walk to the subway. It was a short, 10 minute walk to Chinatown. It was a short, 15 minute walk to the White House. It was an excellent location.

Service was WONDERFUL, bar was fun.

Morning breakfast was WONDERFUL!

Close to many restaurants--do not order in from Happy Danny's Delivery Service. HORRIBLE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just spent our first family trip to Washington DC,at this hotel, we had a wonderful time we were very happy overall,loved the complimentary breakfasts and the managers special each nice was great.Location was perfect. The only con I could see was the the swimming pool was very shallow ,I think it was only 3 feet 3 inches deep!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Weston, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are a family of four and checked into this hotel, planning to stay for three nights (4/18-20) over Spring Break. In some respects, there is nothing to complain about this hotel. The location is convenient, rooms are clean. But what really took us by surprise was that not only was there no Wi-Fi (for fee or otherwise) available in our room, it was virtually impossible to get a cell phone signal in our room either. Unfortunately, this was a deal breaker for us and we checked out after one night.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Dates: March 29-April 1

We had a very long drive in (10 hours) and had called ahead of time (twice) to be sure that the pull out sofa would be made up so that we could all rest upon arrival.

Check In was great - very courteous staff. The sofabed was not made up. Luckily we were all very hungry and staff was sure to have the bed ready while we ate in the hotel restaurant.

Hotel restaurant - wish I could say that dinner was good, but I just can't do it. Though the service and our waiter were very nice, the food wasn't. My husband actually sent back his dinner (I've never seen him do this in 15 yrs!) but they quickly replaced it with a good burger that my son also enjoyed. I discovered a hair in my salad after I'd eaten half but I was so exhausted that I didn't bother to mention it. Overall: eat dinner someplace else!

Room: Very comfortable bed and sofabed. CLEAN!!! Cleanliness is most important to me and it lived up to my standards. Plenty of space for 4 (we were 3) people.

Manager's Reception: A nice added perk. Wine, basic spirits, lemonade for the kids. Chips, cheese, nachos, and/or simple snacks served. Go early or go late as lines get quite long. TIP: there are 2 lines so if you don't want snacks, head directly into the room and wait in the drink line.

Breakfast: Wonderful, delicious, a perfect spread to satisfy all tastes and preferences. Made to order omelettes, bacon, sausages, potatoes, pancakes, muffins, cereals, breads, oatmeal, etc. Nice touch: egg white omelettes as an option.

WiFi: Don't waste your money-it's awful. Use the free wifi in the lobby or the business center to print out boarding cards, etc.

Location: Value vs. location was perfect. Although not the closest to all major attractions, the dollar value was absolutely worth it. About a 7 minute walk to the nearest metro station. 15-20 minutes to the major Smithsonian museums. If you're in DC to sight see, BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES. You will do a lot of walking. TIP: look down when you walk, the sidewalks must have heaved with the spring thaw because some sidewalk panels were raised off the ground 2 inches or so. I took a bad fall and luckily didn't break a bone, just a bad scrape.

Easter Extra: The front desk had baskets full of candy filled Easter eggs for all the children which I thought was such a thoughtful and smart touch for guests traveling on the holiday.

Overall, my stay was pleasant. I will recommend the hotel to friends and to you. Have a nice trip!

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here with my 17 year old nephew in April while he did a college tour. The suite was great so each of us had our own space. When we checked in the desk was friendly and helpful, our bellman Terry was GREAT! He shared great information about the college we were visiting and gave suggestions on places to visit. He also remembered us and said hello each time we saw him in the hotel through the long weekend. The staff was always helpful with directions and suggestions. Loved that! The hotel is located close enough to just about everything so that was nice too. The breakfast was a nice feature and we never really had to wait long and always found a seat we went around 9 each morning. Now for the things that could be worked on - the cleanliness was suspect - the person who cleaned each day seemed to do the minimum, just enough so I didn't complain but certainly not a good cleaning and tidying. The towels were dingy and had stains once again they were just clean enough for me not to complain but not nice clean towels. The toilets are so loud when they flush it wakes everyone up in the room and so loud, I could hear the flushes of the people on either side of us and above us. Really not great :( The Wi-Fi is spendy but I knew that ahead of time. Just an average hotel but with nice people.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days in April for a family vacation. The junior suite was a terrific size, allowing us to spread out a bit. Everything was very clean and the staff was great. Lots of restaurants in the general area and best of all, only a 15 minute stroll to the museums and the mall. They do include breakfast though honestly, it was nothing to right home about. Also nice is the indoor pool - always great for the kids.