“FANTASTIC Place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 10th Street Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
From $229 With Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
michigan
“FANTASTIC Place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love coming to Washington DC, mainly because of the Embassy Suites staff and accomodations. The staff is the absolute best of ANY hotel I have ever stayed at. In fact they know my husband and I by name as well as our 4 children (who have only stayed here maybe 4 times). I appreciate that they take the time and effort to accomodate us to the best of their ability. I love the breakfast in the morning. Sometimes it is crowded, but with any location in a major city this tends to be the case. Unlike other reviewers I have never seen them run out of food (I have stayed for the Cherry blossom festival as well as 4th of July). At night the drinks and munchies are perfect way to unwind. I love the location as well. For tourist purposes it is within easy walking distance of the subway (Metro) as well as the Mall and the White house. In fact I enjoy walking so hitting all the monuments around the tidal basin and walking the mall to the capital is a perfect day. There are many good restaraunts in the area as well as fast food within walking distance. For the price, this place is great.

Room Tip: The only downside to the lower rooms is the noise in the alley adjacent to the hotel. Garbage truck...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear hannahlore –

Wow! What more can I say? Thank you so much for being a loyal Embassy Suites DC Convention Center traveler. On behalf of our entire team, I thank you for the kind words of encouragement. This type of feedback is what we strive for, and we are pleased to offer you 5 star service at the value travelers have come to expect from Embassy Suites.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Warm Wishes,

Adam Heffron
adam.heffron@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Manassas, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the entire staff is extremely nice and helpful. The location is wonderful-near the metro, restaurants, and museums. The price of the hotel includes a free breakfast and "manager reception" with free snacks and drinks. All of the food was very good. The rooms were very nice and large, the beds were comfortable, but pillows were not (personal opinion). My only complaint is that the rooms are not very insulated from noise. You can hear the people in the hall and the construction going on across the street in some rooms. I would stay here again as long as I had ear plugs or a sound machine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction site
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Amanda781 –

Thank you for the positive review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and especially happy to hear you enjoyed some of the great amenities that make the Embassy Suites brand special! I am sorry to hear you about the noise issues you experienced. Next time you stay, contact me directly and I will be sure to assign you an especially quiet suite.

Thanks for choosing the Embassy Suites DC Convention. Since you are so close, we hope to see you again very soon for a quick getaway or a Staycation to Washington, DC!

Adam Heffron
adam.heffron@hilton.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I know that this review is late but… I couldn’t really rest until I commended this wonderful establishment, from the front desk staff to Mr. Charles Hill, the entire staff were a pleasure.

My family stayed at Embassy Suites-Convention Center in August 2012 for 3 days. This was our second trip to Washington D.C. in 2 years and the second time that we stayed at Embassy Suites-Convention Center. We knew that there was no where else that we wanted to stay, but Embassy Suites-Convention Center. My 7-year old twins view Embassy Suites as our go-to place in Washington D.C. They look forward to the nice sized room where they were able to sleep comfortably on the pull out bed. They also looked forward to the FREE made-to-order breakfast. I have to say I looked forward to breakfast as well. The omelets are cooked to perfection and there was also a buffet awaiting, where I could find a wide range of scrumptious breakfast foods. Another thrill for my twins is the manager’s reception in the evening. After spending the day touring all of the sites in D.C., we were able to get free drinks for adults and children, along with various snacks.

Embassy Suites-Convention Center is a great place for families because it places you near many attractions and within walking distance of others. Thank you Embassy Suites for yet another wonderful memory.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Haven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I arrived to the embassy suites the hotel was at maximum capacity. I actually stayed there for a conference that was hosted in the DC convention center (walking distance). The hotel rooms were adequate, as was the food. The cocktail hour was very good and the bar staff were friendly. The experience at the Embassy Suites went from average to EXCELLENT because of one staff member in particular, Bruno Johnson. He was at the front desk and completed the checkout process for my party. Bruno was knowledgable, friendly, understanding, and overall maintained a wonderful composure throughout our complicated checkout. In my years of travel, Bruno is one of the best hotel staff I have ever encountered. I hope other travelers have the opportunity to meet Bruno, he will change your entire hotel experience with his excellent customer service. Thanks Bruno!

Room Tip: corner rooms were reportedly the largest and the best in the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times for conventions. The location is ideal just a block or so away from the Convention Center. It can be kind of pricey but that’s DC. The room is large and spacious with a separate sitting area very clean and comfortable with two TV’s. The bathroom is very clean with fluffy towels. Unfortunately during my most recent stay the water in the bathroom did not get hot in the morning so in order to get a good shower you needed to shower the night before. The customer service ranges based on who you deal with but overall it isn’t too bad. Butch and Sean at the front desk are always great to work with. The most recent convention I attended had over 13,000 women in attendance and at times the staff seemed a little overwhelmed. I won’t mention the names of the staff members that are difficult to work with. The breakfast buffet is normally pretty good, however again during my most recent stay it was not up to par. Also during this visit you could not get a clear cellular signal. I am normally really happy with this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been coming to this Embassy Suites for years. The location can't be beat, the staff is courteous and helpful, and the rooms are clean, spacious with comfortable beds. However my most recent trip revealed a 'new' restaurant menu and room service that leaves a lot to be desired. Finn and Porter, the hotel restaurant, is understaffed, the food is under par and limited selection. It took my party 45 minutes at one lunch to get turkey paninis, which weren't even grilled--just stuffed into the cold flatbread and served. There appeared to be only two servers in the whole restaurant. While the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, there is no breakfast offered via room service. The buffet is unremarkable and barely warm, however there is a custom omelet line that will insure you get something hot at least. If you do order from the menu, be sure you have a second choice as we were told repeatedly that they were either 'out' or 'don't have that today'. I realize that this was during the inauguration events, but I stayed here 4 years ago, and they didn't have these problems. Maybe the food service is under a new management? Well, it shows, and not to their advantage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here for several nights on business. Short walk to convention center, Verizon Center, and museums with many restaurants only a few blocks away. Could hear neighbors through walls at times. Good breakfast at the hotel (standard Embassy Suites selection) although a large student group was checking out one morning and seemed to overwhelm the staff - many breakfast items were gone and they were not able restock and clean all of the tables. I think this was an unusually busy morning. Overall it was a very good stay. I will be returning to this hotel on future trips.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business