We stayed here for a weekend while in town to see a concert. The staff was very, very nice. Our room was ready early and was perfect for our needs. We appreciated the mini fridge. We never had to walt for an elevator, and our room was quiet (1230). We took full advantage of the free happy hour both nights. It was a great way to start the evening. Breakfast was a little hectic, but I enjoyed that as well. One day I had a made to order omelet, and the other I just did the buffet. Buffet eggs were pretty runny, but there were plenty of choices to get you fueled up.
The location is great for walking around to see the attractions. We only took a cab once, and that was to the 9:30 club for the show. Everywhere else, we walked.
A couple downsides: the parking. By he time you added the fees and taxes, it is around $45 plus tip. I guess that is "normal" for downtown DC, but it makes a reasonably priced hotel a little less so, Also, the data service on our cell phones was not great in the rooms. To the point that I paid the $10 for the the wifi.
All in all the staff was super nice, the happy hour and breakfast added great value, and the rooms was very clean and well appointed. We would most certainly stay here again, although probably still complain about the parking price.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Dc
- Embassy Suites Washington Hotel
- Washington Dc Embassy Suites
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.