“Very nice Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 10th Street Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
From $149 + Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Pittsburgh, PA
“Very nice Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend while in town to see a concert. The staff was very, very nice. Our room was ready early and was perfect for our needs. We appreciated the mini fridge. We never had to walt for an elevator, and our room was quiet (1230). We took full advantage of the free happy hour both nights. It was a great way to start the evening. Breakfast was a little hectic, but I enjoyed that as well. One day I had a made to order omelet, and the other I just did the buffet. Buffet eggs were pretty runny, but there were plenty of choices to get you fueled up.

The location is great for walking around to see the attractions. We only took a cab once, and that was to the 9:30 club for the show. Everywhere else, we walked.

A couple downsides: the parking. By he time you added the fees and taxes, it is around $45 plus tip. I guess that is "normal" for downtown DC, but it makes a reasonably priced hotel a little less so, Also, the data service on our cell phones was not great in the rooms. To the point that I paid the $10 for the the wifi.

All in all the staff was super nice, the happy hour and breakfast added great value, and the rooms was very clean and well appointed. We would most certainly stay here again, although probably still complain about the parking price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DDelRusso, General Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear hndapwr,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We appreciate it more than you know! I am sorry that the eggs were runny at breakfast and I will follow up to ensure they are properly cooked in the future. You are not the first guest to remark about our parking prices. $39 per night plus tax is not cheap, we realize. But please rest assured that our rates are in line for our neighborhood if not $2 - $3 less per night than our competitors. On the positive side, I am very glad that you found our staff to be friendly and our location convenient. The 9:30 Club is a great venue for intimate shows, and I hope that you will stay with us again the next time your favorite band is in town!

1,398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Embassy Suites is very close to China Town, which has many great and affordable restaurants. Smithsonian, Archives, Capitol, etc. are within walking distance (long walking distance). Area feels safe and we had no concerns walking in the neighborhood day or night.
Rooms are a little small by Embassy Suites standards, but certainly adequate.
Free cocktail reception area has an upstairs and downstairs, making it easy to find a quiet spot.
Restaurant has good food, and seemed reasonably priced for hotel restaurant standards.
Service was friendly and accommodating.
Taxis waiting outside when you don't want to walk.

Room Tip: Traffic is consistent, but not loud on all adjoining streets, so room preference isn't a big dea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marcus S,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We read every single review that is posted, and it never ceases to amaze me how people take the time to post genuinely accurate and helpful reviews. You mentioned so many things from location near some popular sites, to the fact that our neighborhood feels safe (we always advise our guests to use caution as you would in any city) to the fact that our restaurant is good and taxis are usually available in front of the hotel in case you don’t feel like walking. You summed us up very well and I never get tired of reading reviews like yours. I think they are what make TripAdvisor so successful and so reliable.

Thank you for staying with us. Thank you again for your detailed review. And I hope that we will see you in DC again soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was extremely, and I mean extremely pleased with my stay at this hotel. From the moment I walked in from a long day of traveling from Wisconsin, I was greeted and immediately checked in by a very nice lady. The rooms are excellent and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The breakfast is a really nice perk with staying here. Loved the omelets and I loved the free happy hours too. The location was great because I was there on business at the white house and other nearby office buildings. If you want a very pleasant stay for a not too expensive cost. I highly recommend this embassy suites location.

Room Tip: become a hilton honors member and request the 15th floor odd numbers for a view of downtown and poss...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marcus S,

Wow. Thank you for your wonderful review. It sounds like our location close to the White House was very convenient for your business trip. And I am delighted to hear that you found our suites to be excellent and our staff accommodating. Even in a big city like Washington, DC, we try to go out of our way to make all of our guests feel comfortable and appreciated.

Thank you for your business, and once again, thank you for your 5 star rating – we appreciate it more than you know!

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everyone here was kind and helpful. Happy Hour here was better than most Embassy Suites. Breakfast was great. The restaurant was great! I agree with previous posts, I had no cell service at all but rooms were comfortable and it was a Great Location! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DDelRusso, General Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Travelgirl713,

Thank you for your short but sweet review of our hotel. You summed us up quite nicely in a few sentences. Thank you for your business, and I hope that we will be your hotel of choice anytime you need to be in DC!

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I met a friend for a girls weekend in DC and we stayed at this hotel. It was convenient to the metro, the beds were comfortable, and the happy hour had good wine (we are a bit picky and white wine was good) The best part about the hotel was the staff. Especailly the Concierge, Joseph Mouhiiddine. He was so knowledable, helpful and friendly. He gave us great recommendaitons for dinner and even escorted the Chinese delivery person to our room insteadof waiting for security. Thank you Joeseph for you kindness!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear YaYa4_VA,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your girls weekend in DC. Our central location in the heart of the action makes us a great choice for “girls weekends” and “guys weekends!” I am thrilled to see that our concierge Joseph was helpful in providing restaurant recommendations. He is very knowledgeable about DC and I receive many positive guest comments just like yours.

Once again, thank you for your positive review, and please come back and stay with us again soon!

Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with large family group for 3 nights in multiple rooms at a great rate. The 2 hour family friendly happy hour in the 2 story managers reception area was a fun way to gather and share days stories and free drinks ( beer, wine, cocktails, veggies , cheese, crackers etc) before going out to expensive DC restaurants. The rooms were excellent and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Free breakfast was extensive. anything you want including an omelette grill and pancakes made to order.
The only negative is the lack of cell coverage in the rooms. We use Verizon and calls were dropped or didn't go through at all. If this gets addressed I would give it a 5 star rating. Now it's a 4.75.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear bigskytraveler59,

Thank you for your detailed and positive review. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel to be clean and enjoyed our breakfast and happy hour. I apologize about the spotty cell phone reception. We have struggled with this issue and not found any solutions that do not involve spending significant sums of money unfortunately. Cell phone reception in the bedroom near the windows is usually fine – but inside the center of the building (living room area of most suites) the signal can be weak. We know that many guests depend on their cell phones to conduct business. If this is a very important concern for you as well, kindly advise the front desk upon check-in, and we will do our best to assign you to a suite at the end of the hallway where reception is sometimes better.

Once again, thank you for your 4.75 rating and I hope that we will see you in DC again soon!

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel will become the first one I try to book on my frequent trips to the DC area. It was a beautiful room and the staff was very attentive. C.J. Tibung in Guest Services went above and beyond on to undo a mistake I had made when checking out. He was just one of the employees who gave their best to ensure I had a great stay. Probably the first time I have had that level of service in the DC area.
Cudos to C.J. et al.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear RBS324,

I love your review. Its goes to show that having beautiful rooms is certainly important, but it is the friendly and attentive service that our people provide that really sets us apart. I am very happy to read that C.J. went above and beyond to help you. We know you have many hotels to choose from – so we work hard to make sure you have no reason to look anywhere else.

Thank you again for your great review, and we look forward to the pleasure of your company again soon!

david.del.russo@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center? Share your experiences!