“Very Impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 10th Street Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
From $99 With Breakfast
Ranked #42 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
North Lake, Wisconsin
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went over thanksgiving weekend and were very impressed by:

- the staff; everyone was very friendly. Impressed us from when we checked in to when we left. Very accomodating and detail oriented even given how busy they were.
- Breakfast. Real food, variety and relatively quick given that they were full with a lot of families.
- Clean, comfortable rooms - simple and just what we needed.
- The restaurant Finn and Porter I believe had excellent food. We tend to not dine in the restaurant of the hotel we stay in but somehow we ended up there three times...
- It was very quiet in our room. We were 12th floor, 1203 I believe, and it was surprising given that it was completely full with a lot of families.

We travel quite a bit individually and as a family and this was a great place for us. They must have a solid management team to pull this off along with a great staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hello DanandChristine!

I am so glad to see that we had the chance to be your home away from home while traveling during the Thanksgiving season. Not only that, but from your review you and your family had a great experience and that is what it is all about. Your feedback is valued as we appreciate any comments received, even constructive criticism.

One comment that stands out in particular is your reference to our restaurant Finn & Porter. Your comments are especially valuable since we have a new Italian menu in place that has been launched after extensive research and testing. The feedback has been positive to date so yours seem to validate this trend. Not only that, but we always do a really great Thanksgiving menu as well.

I know that North Lake, Wisconsin is not just around the corner, but I am hopeful that you and your family will be able to make another trip out to DC so we can play host again. Should you need any assistance with reservation, don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were able to walk to the museums, shopping and restaurants from the hotel. For a family of four, the king suite was perfect. The breakfast included made-to-order omelettes with fresh ingredients. Depending on the time of morning, there could be a long line; but there were seceral different options (oatmeal, cild cereal, bagels, yogurt and fresh fruit) when we were in a hurry. The pool was a plus, particularly in the mornings when it was deserted. Drawbacks included cost of wifi (which is free in the lobby) and parking ($39!).

Greetings familyb1907!

I am so glad we had the opportunity to be a part of your recent trip to Washington DC. It seems that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and all the extras we have to offer such as our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. It really is a great perk, especially if you are traveling with a family and there are multiple mouths to feed.

I can certainly understand your feedback about the cost of wifi and parking. As you mentioned, we do provide complimentary wifi in our lobby and restaurant as well as a total of 12 computers that are complimentary for use including printing. Regarding parking, we have made a very conscious effort to stay lower on the price scale for hotels around us because we know this is not a cost that many travelers are accustomed to seeing.

Again, thank you for taking time to post your experience and I am hopeful you will come back and see us again. We would love to welcome you back!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Embassy Suites in general is an excellent choice because of the size of the rooms, the cooked-to-order breakfast, and the general quality of the rooms/hotel. The Embassy Suites - Convention Center is ideally located in the heart of EVERYTHING! Updated everything, modern facilities, wonderful staff, and great food.

The layout of Embassy Suites are fairly consistent and this one is not really in the mold of the open atrium in the middle of the hotel. The layout is more like most traditional hotels. The restaurant is a bit small, but the breakfast is wonderful as usual.

HIGHLY recommend if you are in town for business, but with kids / family - may not be as ideal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi WindyCityFinest!

You seem to be a real fan of Embassy Suites and someone who has stayed in their fair share when traveling. With that experience, it is great to see your postive comments about our property. We are not your typical Embassy Suites, but that is not a bad thing. Our unique layout is going to become more typical as time goes on and it lends itself to a city location. Our suites are still over 500 sq ft, our complimentary breakfast is still stocked with everything you could possibly want and our Managers Reception is festive and warm. All of this at one of the best locations in all of Washington DC.

You sound like someone who travels often and I am hopeful that you will have a need to come back to DC and look us up. We would be delighted to welcome you back!

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The manager was extremely helpful and comped us to room service dinner when my daughter had a problem with the fabric on the sleep sofa . Terrific location and very friendly staff. We were attending a function at the convention center which we walked over to. It took no more than three to five minutes to make the walk at a very leisurely pace

Greetings Soccermotha,

What a great review! Thank you for sharing your comments and experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see that one of our Managers was able to correct an issue and make it up to you and your daughter. One thing we know is that problems will come up, but it is all about how we handle them and make them right for our guests.

Your terrific posting is very much appreciated and please know I will share this with our Management and entire staff. We just love it when a guest leaves happy.

I hope we have the chance to be your home away from home again should travels bring you back to DC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days and had a great time. Hotel was very clean and nicely furnished. Bed was fantastic and what I expect of a.Hilton property. Staff was very friendly and the cooks who do the made.to order omlets were first rate. Hotel was about 2 blocks from metro center and very convienient to many of the attractions.

• Stayed November 2012
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Greetings rpr1609!

What a great review! I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely pride ourselves on making every experience a positive one and I am glad to see yours was no exception. I will share your mention of the morning omelet chef experience with our entire breakfast team. We know that we have an advantage by providing a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast for all our guests and we want to make sure it is always a good start to the day.

I hope your travels bring you back to DC and you will come see us again. We would love to welcome you back!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The high points are great location (proximity to the convention center), free breakfast, evening manager's reception (great for meeting with clients), room amenities. Low points: the top floor is really noisy (elevator sound & a constant mechanical humming) and the rooms with even numbers faces another building which is so close that you can see what the people there are doing. The front facing rooms are ok.

Hi HotelCritic888!

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I must say that with a screen name like HotelCritic888, I was a bit concerned until I got a chance to read your review. I can certainly appreciate and I am sure others out there feel the same way about anyone that provides an honest assessment of their experience. Your high points were spot on and the very things we use to promote out hotel and the value we provide. In regards to the low points, I must say this is the first concern I have seen regarding our elevators. I have been with the hotel since opening and we have been lucky that this has not been an issue. With that said, I am not questioning your comments. I will pass this message along to our engineering team to see if there is anything we can do to eliminate any noises.

Overall, your comments are appreciated and I hope you would be willing to come and stay with us again. Should you be traveling back to DC, don't hesitate to let me know if you need assistance with a reservation. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A nice hotel, but... While the bell cap was the most friendly of all I encountered, that, sadly to me, was the best part of my stay. The first disappointing thing about this hotel is that they charges for wifi connection in the room. In today's day and age, this is a necessity for business travelers. To charge extra for this service is almost taking advantage of the customer. The breakfast was fair. The day I sampled the complimentary breakfast, the hot foods on the buffet were undercooked to a large degree. Scrambled eggs should not be liquified, even though some customers may like this style. The meats (bacon, sausage) were under cooked as well, almost to the point of being raw. The cut fruit (cantaloupe and honey dew melon) had a sour, acidic taste to it. The yogurt cups were almost at room temperature. I was not really impressed with the breakfast. The welcome home evening enticements was lacking in what I thought a hotel of this stature would offer. When checking out the morning of my departure, the first clerk was friendly but was not able to produce a proper receipt. When the senior clerk came to assist, his attitude was such that it almost appeared that I was being a bother trying to get a receipt with costs printed on the receipt that had to be turned in to my company. While I am sure there are other customers that like this hotel chain, I would be hard pressed to repeat my business with this chain and will share this experience with my company and others that travel from my agency.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Greetings Aaron747!

Let me start by saying thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. While I would prefer if every guest experience was perfect in every way, I do realize that everyone is different and there will be instances when we have an opportunity to improve.

I certainly understand you concern with the cost of wifi in the suites, but would like to point out that we provide complimentary wifi in all our public spaces (restaurant, lobby, and Managers Reception area) as well as a total of 12 computers that are complimentary for use including printing. In regards to your complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast experience, I apologize it did not meet your expectations. This is good feedback and I will communicate this to our Food & Beverage team. I can say since I make a point to visit breakfast every morning that none of your concerns are things I have witnessed. Regardless, this is very good information for our team to use and monitor for quality assurance. Lastly, I am saddened to hear your experience with the Front Desk was not as friendly as you are used too. One of our greatest assets has always been our friendly demeanor so this comes as a surprise to me. With that said, I appreciate your candid feedback so we can make sure this is not something experienced by our future guests.

Again, thank you for taking time and letting us know about your stay. I am hopeful that you would be willing to give us a try the next time your travels bring you to Washington DC as I know we won't disappoint. Should you need any help with reservations, don't hesitate to let me know.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Washington-Convention Center? Share your experiences!