“Spiritual” 4 of 5 stars
Review of National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial
605 E St Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20003 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202 737 4300
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 234 Attractions in Washington DC
Type: Monuments/ Statues, Landmarks
11 attraction reviews
“Spiritual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My family and I walked through the memorial and and I could feel the presence of our fallen brothers. It was very warming

Hamburg, Germany
78 attraction reviews
“Very American”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

As they do honor the people serving the country. Should be the same in other countries. Here it is about the law enforcement officers. The monument is opposite to the national building museum so it's worth to combine the both visits.
There are all the names of fallen officers....not that much more to see.

Visited June 2014
Waxahachie, Texas
31 attraction reviews
“Very moving and a beautiful tribute to my fallen brothers and sisters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I couldn't hold back my tears as I walked through and looked at the names, some from my own department. The wreaths are placed every year for the new names that will be added to the walls. Unlike the wars this country has fought, there will always be names added to these walls. I will go back for police week but I am so thankful I had the opportunity to go and pay my respects.

Visited June 2014
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
“Very emotional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited this during National Police Week, we just happened to be in Washington at that time, but Police officers from all over the world attend parades and ceremonies for the whole week and have been doing for many years, it's quite emotional to see so many uniforms, all congregating together to remember those who have been killed on duty. We found one section dedicated to UK officers, even 2 from my husband's force.

Visited May 2014
31 attraction reviews
“Reflective of those who give their life for a stranger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Although the silence is occasionally broken by the Metro which runs beneath the memorial, it is so amazing to see the hundreds of names of the men and women in Law Enforcement who have died in the line of duty. This memorial is very special and worth the visit.

Visited May 2014