“Nice Stay, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of American Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
American Guest House
You added American Guest House to your Saves list
2005 Columbia Rd NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Ranked #8 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Nice Stay, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

A little about my wife and I. I am 28, she is 24, avid travelers, no children, open to just about anything. We stayed at the American Guesthouse March 9-15th. It was our first trip to D.C and we tend to lean towards B&B's. With that being said, I highly recommend staying here.

Room: The room was absoulutely beautiful and clean. We stayed in the basement room and it was nice and we had lot's of space. Our room was cleaned daily and it was nice to come back to such a nice place. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful and we felt right at home slepping there.

Location: The B&B is located right between the perfect mix of restaurants and clubs. It is quiet and far enough away from the main drags but yet close enough to walk to grab some chow or catch the metro. Safe neighborhood too. Many a nights my wife and I walked to the local 7-11 or some food spots and walked back. No problems, no one bothered us.

The owners: They are very hard working, nice, caring people that try and make your stay the most pleasant as can be. I really appreciated all the advice and questions answered. Thank you very much!

The only advice I have to offer is, be aware that although the basement room is nice and large, you do still hear some noise. Especially in the morning. Not a problem for us because we read about it on their website and we again told about it when we checked it. The owners are very nice and sincere people who work hard at making this place run. They get up around 6am and start the breakfast routine so if you wake up from "foot" noise, or have never lived below someone, you may want to bring some earplugs. But like I said, not a problem for us because we were vacationing and came in late at night and slept soundly. Other than that, this place is great!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

I stayed two nights in March and was delighted with the management, the ambience, the comfort and graciousness. My room was spotlessly clean and charming, and the best, a bed with a firm mattress! It is nicely located near shopping and restaurants and public transportation. The price is very reasonable and includes local phone and free internet. Hot, good breakfast menu with delicious coffee. The proprietors do care about the weary traveler.

• Liked — Proprietors' care
  • Disliked — Stairs are harder for me.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gateshead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2007

I stayed for 3 nights and my hosts went out of their way to be helpful. They provided all the local information I needed and helped me get back to the airport.

The Guest house is beautifully decorated and my room was very comftable. It was very clean and well managed. There was an extensive selection at breakfast time including eggs, omlettes and sausages cooked to your liking.

The price was very reasonable for Washington and the B and B is centrally located and well connected to the metro system. This is a far better option than staying in a boring hotel! internet access was free and the price for making phone calls was excellent.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to American Guest House? Share your experiences!