“AKA Top Marks for Service” 5 of 5 stars

AKA White House
1710 H Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Indianapolis, Indiana
“AKA Top Marks for Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I would very much like to convey my gratitude and appreciation for a most enjoyable stay at the AKA White House last week and especially to give commendation and kudos to the front desk agent that assisted me, Thao. From the moment I arrived until I left on, she not only exemplified exceptional service, she did so with a style and personality that provided a sense of ease about it that stood out as reassuringly capable. In a word, it was noteworthy.

I would be delighted to stay at the AKA White House on future visits (and, in fact, have already communicated this to my travel coordinator). I had a big week in DC that was rewarding on a number of fronts but included among those successes is the attention and consideration I experienced from the AKA staff thanks to Thao. She was a highlight. Please accept my appreciation, commendation, future recommendations and hope to return as the evidence of my satisfaction due to her compelling efforts. Well done!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We thank you for the positive feedback and kind words. At AKA, our goal is your complete satisfaction while exhibiting a high level of excellence throughout your entire lodging experience, and we are thrilled to hear your experience was as such. With a dedicated concierge service, our Resident Representatives are here to make your stay memorable by assisting in anything your may require. "Don't just visit...Live it!" is one of our favorite sayings here at AKA White House and we are thrilled that you found our team provided services and amenities that allowed you to experience such a memorable stay. With a proximity to many wonderful things, the location is unparalleled. Residents have the unique opportunity to experience Washington, DC to its full extent, while enjoying outstanding luxury accommodations that fit their needs. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you upon your return to AKA White House.

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Want a home from home in Washington DC ? Then this is the place for you. The hotel is an all apartment hotel with very nicely furnished apartments with either one or two bedrooms. Large living / dining area with a well fitted kitchen and all appliances you could wish for. Very definitely the place to stay in Washington for either a short break or a longer stay. Location is excellent, it is near the White House area and close to all the good restaurants. Would highly recommend this property.

Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. AKA White House was designed to offer our guests and residents an experience of luxury, while being centrally located to many, outstanding things to do and see. With in-suite washer and dryers, fully furnished kitchens, spacious living accommodations, state of the art Fitness and Business Center and 24 hour concierge, AKA is the leading option when in search of luxury accommodations. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the area as well! Le Pain Quotidian is a local favorite and an excellent option when looking for specialized eateries. Your satisfaction is the key to our success as we strive to exhibit a high level of excellence at all times. Upon your next stay with us, please contact us directly when booking to ensure a well planned stay and to submit any special requests that will enhance your stay. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I've now stayed 3 times at the AKA White House and - based on the spacious suites, friendly staff and location - I plan to stay there whenever I'm in DC in the future. The spacious suites are great, more than adequate for my needs, and well maintained. It's nice to have the space to relax without having to do so only while sitting on the bed. I haven't taken full advantage of the kitchen in each suite but likely will in the future, particularly on longer stays. While there is no restaurant on site, there are many within a short walk, and the staff is always happy to provide suggestions and directions. You won't find the bustle of a DC hotel at the AKA White House, but you will find a friendly and relaxing place to stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback! Our top priority is your satisfaction and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. With amenities such as fully furnished kitchens, in-suite washer and dryers, spacious living accommodations, and 24/7 concierge services, AKA White House is your home away from home. We are thrilled to hear that our resident representatives were able to extend our concierge services to you, ensuring that your stay was memorable. With a proximity that rivals other hotels in the area, AKA White House is your number one choice when in search of luxury extended stay accommodations. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Beautiful area, close to all attraction. the room was spacious with a fu;;y stocked kitchen and 11/2 baths. The King size bed was very comfortable amd the bedroom large with a walkin closet.
House keeping is once a week, but they provide enough supplies towels and all to last you a week, There is a nice quiet londge on site, but no restaurants, but numerous within walking distance. Some of my favorites were Ruth Crisp Steak, Black Finn, the Bottom Line. Th desk staff is extremely helpful and friendly,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback and choosing AKA White House as your home away from home. Our suites were designed with our guests in mind, and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite amenities! Regarding housekeeping, any reservation a week or longer receives a full, deep clean once per week. Our housekeeping schedule is set by our front desk and can be amended at anytime to a day more suitable for our guests. Alternatively, we would be more than happy to arrange for extra cleaning days, with a nominal fee. With a proximity that cannot be beat, residents and guests alike have the unique opportunity to experience our nation's capitol through an exciting cultural and political hub. As our guest, your satisfaction is our top priority and we are happy to hear your experience was as such. With public transportation and restaurants within a minute’s walk, AKA White House is your ideal option when traveling in Washington, DC. Black Finn and Founding Farmers is a short walk away, both being resident favorites. Thank you again for the positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you upon your return to AKA White House.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

If your wanting a fully furnished two bedroom apartment in the center of DC this is the place! It's only two blocks from the white house. Everything is in walking distance! My condo was quite large. It had hardwood floors and a great living area!The only complaint I have is I stayed here for two weeks and at $365 a night it didn't take long for the bill to stack up.

• Stayed October 2012
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We appreciate your great feedback! At AKA, we take pride in our ongoing endeavor to be the leader in luxury stay accommodations, and we are thrilled your stay reflected that. Our attention to detail is evident in our unparalleled guest services as well amenities that are catered to you, our guest. With suites that are equipped with fully furnished kitchens, in-suite washer and dryers, and spacious living accommodations, AKA White House is your home away from home. Upon your next stay, please contact us directly when booking prior to arrival so we may further enhance your next lodging experience with our incomparable concierge services. The $365 price is for a two bedroom / two bath unit and while this might seem “pricey” as you referred too, this unit is for over 1100 sq feet with a living room, full kitchen and dining area, which is actually at or below the current pricing in the Washington market.. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Beautify property and extremely helpful staff. Location is perfect and conveniently located within blocks of most attrations and downtown offices. I arrived at AKA around 9 p.m., and although there was no restaurant on site, the desk staff was extremely helpful at finding a place to eat, even after 10 p.m. Additionally, when checking out they held my luggage for me while I attended a work meeting. My only recommendation would be to have the housekeeping staff complete their rounds a little earlier. I had the housekeeping staff stop by my room as late as 6 pm, which was a little awkward when I was in my room taking a nap before going out on the town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback! We take pride in our unparalleled concierge services and are thrilled to hear that our concierge team catered to your needs. At AKA White House, our living accommodations and amenities were designed to create a home away from home, for you, our guest. AKA White House is also centrally located to many wonderful restaurants and boutique shops. With Whole Foods within walking distance, our residents can secure groceries for their stay to have a home cooked meal in the comfort of their suite. Regarding your housekeeping, our housekeeping schedule is made by our front desk, and can be amended at anytime to further enhance your stay by arranging your cleanings during a time that is beneficial to you. Our number one goal is your complete satisfaction and we are thrilled to hear your stay reflected that notion. Please contact the hotel directly when booking so we may assist in designing a unique stay and submit any special requests. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you upon your return to AKA White House.

JHB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Extremely comfortable 7 day stay. Spacious room, a full kitchen, washer/dryer and 2 bathrooms. a couple blocks from the white house and conveniently located, you can not ask for more and I certainly didnt. There was no view but that was expected as youre in the city not a seaside resort.

The only issue I had was the abrupt lady at the front desk. I was expecting 2 packages and on on my way out one day enquired at front desk if anything had arrived. I was told abruptly by the lady(I didnt get her name) that nothing had arrived, that she doesnt need to check as SHE logs everything. I was speechless and surprised as my package was on floor directly behind her. I decided I'd ask later when she had left whereby the gentleman at the front desk promptly checked and handed me my 2 packages which by the way were marked on the sheet as "delivered". the only blemish on a brilliant stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Our number on goal is your highest satisfaction and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. With spacious living accommodations, washer and dryer in suite, and a fully furnished kitchen, AKA White House is your home away from home. The proximity of AKA also offers our residents the unique opportunity to experience Washington, DC to its full extent, while enjoying outstanding luxury accommodations that fit their needs. Regarding the incident at our front desk, we do regret this inconvenience. Rest assured, this is not a normal occurrence and we have spoken to our front desk on the matter. Anytime a resident receives a package, we meticulously log each one and send all packages each evening to ensure delivery. We encourage our guests to speak to a Resident Representative at anytime to inquire about any package you may have received. Your satisfaction is our number one priority as we strive to exhibit the highest level of excellence at all times. We thank you for the great feedback and look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

888.aka.0210

Been to AKA White House? Share your experiences!