“Just a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
Crown Point, Indiana
“Just a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Beautiful area, close to all attraction. the room was spacious with a fu;;y stocked kitchen and 11/2 baths. The King size bed was very comfortable amd the bedroom large with a walkin closet.
House keeping is once a week, but they provide enough supplies towels and all to last you a week, There is a nice quiet londge on site, but no restaurants, but numerous within walking distance. Some of my favorites were Ruth Crisp Steak, Black Finn, the Bottom Line. Th desk staff is extremely helpful and friendly,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback and choosing AKA White House as your home away from home. Our suites were designed with our guests in mind, and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite amenities! Regarding housekeeping, any reservation a week or longer receives a full, deep clean once per week. Our housekeeping schedule is set by our front desk and can be amended at anytime to a day more suitable for our guests. Alternatively, we would be more than happy to arrange for extra cleaning days, with a nominal fee. With a proximity that cannot be beat, residents and guests alike have the unique opportunity to experience our nation's capitol through an exciting cultural and political hub. As our guest, your satisfaction is our top priority and we are happy to hear your experience was as such. With public transportation and restaurants within a minute’s walk, AKA White House is your ideal option when traveling in Washington, DC. Black Finn and Founding Farmers is a short walk away, both being resident favorites. Thank you again for the positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you upon your return to AKA White House.

888.aka.0210

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

If your wanting a fully furnished two bedroom apartment in the center of DC this is the place! It's only two blocks from the white house. Everything is in walking distance! My condo was quite large. It had hardwood floors and a great living area!The only complaint I have is I stayed here for two weeks and at $365 a night it didn't take long for the bill to stack up.

• Stayed October 2012
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We appreciate your great feedback! At AKA, we take pride in our ongoing endeavor to be the leader in luxury stay accommodations, and we are thrilled your stay reflected that. Our attention to detail is evident in our unparalleled guest services as well amenities that are catered to you, our guest. With suites that are equipped with fully furnished kitchens, in-suite washer and dryers, and spacious living accommodations, AKA White House is your home away from home. Upon your next stay, please contact us directly when booking prior to arrival so we may further enhance your next lodging experience with our incomparable concierge services. The $365 price is for a two bedroom / two bath unit and while this might seem “pricey” as you referred too, this unit is for over 1100 sq feet with a living room, full kitchen and dining area, which is actually at or below the current pricing in the Washington market.. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Beautify property and extremely helpful staff. Location is perfect and conveniently located within blocks of most attrations and downtown offices. I arrived at AKA around 9 p.m., and although there was no restaurant on site, the desk staff was extremely helpful at finding a place to eat, even after 10 p.m. Additionally, when checking out they held my luggage for me while I attended a work meeting. My only recommendation would be to have the housekeeping staff complete their rounds a little earlier. I had the housekeeping staff stop by my room as late as 6 pm, which was a little awkward when I was in my room taking a nap before going out on the town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback! We take pride in our unparalleled concierge services and are thrilled to hear that our concierge team catered to your needs. At AKA White House, our living accommodations and amenities were designed to create a home away from home, for you, our guest. AKA White House is also centrally located to many wonderful restaurants and boutique shops. With Whole Foods within walking distance, our residents can secure groceries for their stay to have a home cooked meal in the comfort of their suite. Regarding your housekeeping, our housekeeping schedule is made by our front desk, and can be amended at anytime to further enhance your stay by arranging your cleanings during a time that is beneficial to you. Our number one goal is your complete satisfaction and we are thrilled to hear your stay reflected that notion. Please contact the hotel directly when booking so we may assist in designing a unique stay and submit any special requests. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you upon your return to AKA White House.

JHB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Extremely comfortable 7 day stay. Spacious room, a full kitchen, washer/dryer and 2 bathrooms. a couple blocks from the white house and conveniently located, you can not ask for more and I certainly didnt. There was no view but that was expected as youre in the city not a seaside resort.

The only issue I had was the abrupt lady at the front desk. I was expecting 2 packages and on on my way out one day enquired at front desk if anything had arrived. I was told abruptly by the lady(I didnt get her name) that nothing had arrived, that she doesnt need to check as SHE logs everything. I was speechless and surprised as my package was on floor directly behind her. I decided I'd ask later when she had left whereby the gentleman at the front desk promptly checked and handed me my 2 packages which by the way were marked on the sheet as "delivered". the only blemish on a brilliant stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Our number on goal is your highest satisfaction and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. With spacious living accommodations, washer and dryer in suite, and a fully furnished kitchen, AKA White House is your home away from home. The proximity of AKA also offers our residents the unique opportunity to experience Washington, DC to its full extent, while enjoying outstanding luxury accommodations that fit their needs. Regarding the incident at our front desk, we do regret this inconvenience. Rest assured, this is not a normal occurrence and we have spoken to our front desk on the matter. Anytime a resident receives a package, we meticulously log each one and send all packages each evening to ensure delivery. We encourage our guests to speak to a Resident Representative at anytime to inquire about any package you may have received. Your satisfaction is our number one priority as we strive to exhibit the highest level of excellence at all times. We thank you for the great feedback and look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at AKA White House and our experience was superlative. The greeting and efficiency of the front desk staff was great; a short check-in time, then to our suite. We were upgraded and we thoroughly enjoyed our one bedroom penthouse suite. In similar hotels around the world, we have found cleanliness to be a problem but not here - everything was "ship shape". The bed was very comfortable (another common complaint for us). And, the decor was typical of the five star hotels nearby. The nightly rate was about one-half what we would have paid at Hay-Adams or St. Regis.

Room Tip: We prefer a room away from the main street, H Street - it is quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback and choosing AKA White House as your home away from home. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed you suite amenities! With in-suite washer and dryers, fully furnished kitchens, and spacious living accommodations, our residents can experience luxury accommodations in our Nation’s Capitol with ease. As our guest, your satisfaction is our top priority and we are happy to hear your experience was as such. We take pride in our meticulous attention to detail and strive to exhibit a high level of excellence at all times throughout our guests experience. Thank you again for the positive feedback and we look forward to your next lodging dates at AKA White House.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at the AKA Whitehouse for 3 nights. My 2 bedroom suite was clean, spacious and nicely furnished and ideal for my son, his mate and myself. Having 2 bathrooms was a real bonus so to was the kitchen. The location was excellent and within easy walking distance to the White House, Capital Hill and all the monuments it's even an easy stroll to Arlington Cemetery. Restaurants like the Founding Farmers were an easy walk and a short cab ride took you to Georgetown an lovely little town. Metro station was close by too. I would be more than happy to stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our residents and guests satisfaction is our number one priority, while providing an incomparable level of excellence at all times. With spacious living accommodations, in-suite washer and dryers, and fully furnished kitchens, AKA is your home away from home. With a proximity to many wonderful restaurants and boutique shopping areas, the location is unparalleled. Residents have the unique opportunity to experience Washington, DC to its full extent, while enjoying outstanding luxury accommodations that fit their needs. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to AKA White House.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at the AKA Whitehouse for 3 nights while in DC for business. My suite was very clean and spacious. Having a full kitchen while away from home was a treat. There was a gift bag waiting for me in the suite from the hotel's general manager with a handwritten note. I was impressed by the gesture. The bag was full of practical goodies and included 2 coupons for complimentary glasses of wine in the lobby bar.

The cons: The lack of true daily housekeeping. When I am away I like for my room to be serviced every day in a detailed manner. The maid simply brought new towels and pulled the sheets back on the bed - a bit dissapointing. Also as mentioned in other reviews the suite was a bit dark. I like a lot of natural light and a bright space.

The location is great in terms of being close to DCA airport and it is in a walkable area with plenty of restaurants near by.

The staff I encountered were friendly and accomodating. Drinks in the lobby bar were also enjoybale.

If given AKA Whitehouse as an option while staying in DC I would stay again.

Room Tip: The suites are a perfect option for families and extended stay trips.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your positive feedback is the key to our success as a leader in luxury extended stay accommodations and we are happy to hear your stay reflected that. Our suites were designed with you in mind, creating a relaxing atmosphere that is your home away from home. With in-suite washer and dryers, fully furnished kitchens, and spacious living accommodations, AKA White House is your leading option in luxury extended stay. Regarding housekeeping, we do understand your concern. Anytime a resident requires any extra suite amenities, such as towels, we urge our residents to contact our front desk so we may arrange for these items immediately. If a resident requires further cleanings outside of their scheduled cleaning, we can happily schedule these at a nominal fee. Also, anytime a resident is not completely satisfied with their suite location, due to inadequate natural lighting, we are more than happy to secure a different suite that is suitable, contingent on availability. Your satisfaction is our number one priority as we strive to exhibit the highest level of excellence at all times. With a location that cannot be beat, amenities catered to our residents needs, and outstanding hospitality, AKA is your home away from home. We thank you for the great feedback and look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

888.aka.0210

Been to AKA White House? Share your experiences!