“Nusta-Ahhhh!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nusta Spa
1129 20th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)
202-530-5700
Website
Improve this listing
5 attraction reviews
“Nusta-Ahhhh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

A coworker recommended this place to me and I had a great experience here. Upon entering, the staff at the front desk were all helpul and promplty greeted us. I and a freind both had appointments at the same time and we both got the Nusta Calm. It was so relaxing that I couldn't believe the 50 minutes were up so fast! The facilities were clean, smelled delightful and it was just a pleasant experience all around. I loved the decor and the calm of my massage room. Well worth the $105 and actually a little cheaper than some of the othe spas in the area (I also checked out Bliss and Red Door at the Wilard). I do not think you will be disappointed!

Visited January 2014

27 attraction reviews
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I found this spa on a couple of "best of" lists for spas in the Washington DC area. It really was average. It's small and the rooms were small. The massage was average and the room was actually chilly. It wasn't horrible but I probably won't go back.

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“worst manicure/pedicure I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I just got back from Nusta Spa, and after removing the nail polish from my manicure and redoing it myself with far better results, I decided I have to write this review:

I got a manicure and pedicure. My nail technician was completely incompetent. She did not trim or push back my cuticles, then she put old, clumpy blue base on my nails and painted over it shoddily with the polish (litterally the polish was put on unevenly and the whole nail was not covered)I chose. The blue base was either showing, or clumps were sticking out of the polish on many nails. I asked her to redo those. On her second try, she overpainted so heavily that the whole nail was a mess of bubbles in some areas, while other areas were totally naked. It looked like a 6 year old painted my nails for me. I also had to verbally direct her to clean out the underside of my nails, which as far as I am concerned is ridiculous. Manicures are meant to keep your nails in tidy condition and cleaning and trimming nails is the absolute bare minim of what is should be, in my opinion. At that point I gave up and moved on to the pedicure.

While in the pedicure chair it was very pleasant- except that when she exfoliated my legs she did not rinse the exfoliant off! Instead she moisturized on top of it, so I went home with what felt like sand all over my calves. I didn't realize it until I was in the car and it was like I had gotten back from the beach. When the technician wanted me to move my feet- instead of gently nudging me or telling me that she would like to direct me to move them- she would grab my leg and aggressively wrench it into the position she wanted. She literally twisted my ankle at one point. Now my toes have polish all over them and I will probably redo them myself as well. I spent $115 on two services that I could have done a far better job of at home. Nusta Spa should be embarrassed.

Visited August 2013
“Not the Spa for Me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I tried to use a coupon at Nusta Spa. I was unable to use it. Their staff is not customer service oriented, to say the least. One policy includes that any complaints to managment may only be made via email. All members of mangement refuse to speak to customers in person or via telephone. I would have been a loyal spa customer, so it is their loss.

Visited October 2012
MD
13 attraction reviews
“Best massage in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We made reservations at this spa because is came highly recommended. We were not disappointed. I didn't want the massage to be over! From the moment we entered the spa, we found it welcoming and inviting. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The lounge area was comfortable and cozy. I would return in a heartbeat!

Visited February 2013