“Absolutely Sublime Experience!! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fourth Estate

Fourth Estate
529 14th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20045 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202.662.7638
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fourth Estate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 2,710 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 14th & F
Transit: Take Metro to the Metro Center Station. We are located on the corner of 14th and F. Enter on the 14th street side under the awning for the National Pres Building, and take the elevators to the 13th Floor. Ask the front desk attendant for the Fourth Estate Restaurant.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Absolutely Sublime Experience!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a 5 star dinner and that is exactly what we found. This dining experience was AMAZING!! We got to the restaurant 20 minutes before it opened and that was fine because there is a lot of history in the building to look at while we waited. When it was close to opening for dinner, the waiter who opened the doors allowed us to enter and be seated even though we were still 10 minutes early. He was very polite and accommodating. He was even more understanding when we were very indecisive about our menu selection.

The crab cakes were THE BEST IVE EVER HAD!! And let me tell you, I've had a lot of crab cakes in my life. The lamb chops were exquisite and the fruit cobbler was the best choice for dessert.

All in all, for a little more pricey that this place is, the food and the quaint dining experience makes it all WORTH IT!

Falls Church, Virginia
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Dined here for the first time & thoroughly enjoyed it. Portions could've been bigger--glad I started with soup. My friend had a Travelzoo deal that made it very affordable. I had lamp chops with au gratin potatoes and mixed veggies and chocolate/raspberry mousse--it was excellent! I would go back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome
“Make a plan to go to this hidden restaurant when in D.C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Fourth Estate Restaurant is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC but a lot of people do not know this. It is in the National Press Club, on the 13th floor, and an added dividend is that it is pretty cool to see a part of the National Press Club. Most importantly, the food is delicious, and the atmosphere is so relaxing.The executive chef really knows her food. And she came out to speak with all of the guests, which was really nice! We had lobster (perfect). I also highly recommend the chocolate flan with berries for dessert. The restaurant is near the White House, the National Theater ( and other theaters,too), the Willard, and the J.W. Marriott. Just walk right into the lobby of the National Press Club Building at 529 14th St. NW and get on an elevator to the 13th floor. And enjoy!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Photo history makes it worthwhile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Apparently this place doesn't do a large evening business which is a shame. With a travelzoo or groupon we fed four for $110 which included crabcakes, a large filet, wine, and dessert. We were also greeted at our table by the chef. She was delightful.

Friday night crowd was very light which was disconcerting, but all was good.

After dinner we walked around the press club which is filled with wonderful photos. I woulsesend friends but

Arlington, Virginia
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was here with my girlfriend the other night for dinner. She had the crab cakes and I had the steak. The food was good as well as the service. It was a very cool atmosphere and it was interesting being in the National Press club.

• Visited May 2014