“Very Good Phad Thai & Drinks in Side Walk Cafe” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Talay Thai Restaurant
406 1st St SE, Ste 1, Washington DC, DC 20003-1870 (Capitol Hill)
202-546-5100
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very Good Phad Thai & Drinks in Side Walk Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Excellent location after visiting the Capital & Congressional Cannon Building. Typical high D.C. prices, so don't expect dirt cheap in tourist & government high price areas. Quick stop for avoiding rush hour and enjoying good weather in and out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
“Could not ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This place is phenomenal! The food is incredible, & for the price, comes in large portions. My husband & I could not finish either dish we got & we tried because its so good! The menu has a variety of dishes, some labeled spicy & double spicy. This place really knows how to do spicy! The service was impeccable. They were always checking on us without being overbearing. The location is great. Its near the capital south metro station and I recommend sitting outside if its nice weather. You'll get to do a lot of people watching.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Talay Thai - Thai Taste on the Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant has been my favorite since I relocate to Washington, DC area. The food is very good. It is located on the Hill, close to the U.S. Capitol, Canon House Office Building and more. After the sightseeing around the Capitol including the Supreme Court and the beautiful Dome in the Library of Congress, it is time to fulfil my hunger. I love the mushroom soup (how about order rice on the side to add in the soup?) and if you like spicy dish like me, basil fried rice is the way to go+++ Well, depends on what degree (mild, medium or spicy) that you like it, of course. I told myself that I would try something else, when it's time to order...the basil fried rice wins me over.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Thai food, reasonable price, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Just south of the House office buildings, there are a few small restaurants from which to choose. At Talay Thai, one is greeted warmly by someone who actually speaks Thai. The menu contains all the traditional Thai offerings, and there are a couple of specials as well. My wife and I chose Panang curry and green curry, a salad and another appetizer. The flavors were robust, the meat of good quality and the vegetables fresh and cooked correctly -- which is to say, crisp and retaining their natural color and texture. The check was quite reasonable, especially for this part of town. The nearest Metro is Capitol South, a block away, but you can also walk from Union Station past the imposing government buildings. We are always on the lookout for Thai restaurants, and this one is now on our list when we visit Washington.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great place for lunch after touring Capitol Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had lunch here after a morning at the Capitol and Library of Congress. It was an easy walk. The food was great, the service was polite and quick, and the price was more than reasonable with most entrees around $8 to $10. We got there around 12:30 and the restaurant was full (mostly locals) but not packed--we only waited a few minutes.

• Visited August 2012