“Dishonet, not trust worthy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Islander Caribbean Restaurant & Lounge

Islander Caribbean Restaurant & Lounge
1202 U Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Upper Northwest)
+1 202-234-4971
Cuisines: Caribbean
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
tectoy
“Dishonet, not trust worthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

To all my Trinidad Brothers and Sisters.. be careful when you order take out from this place.. you dont get you pay for.. i will never, ever, go back there again..BE WARE.. open yor food and check it before you leave the premises.. they promise you one thing but switch up on you,, FIND ANOTHER TRINIDAD HONEST ROTI PLACE to buy your roti.. DONT BE FOOLED.. I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've been here twice, but years ago. I recommend the roti, and I like that you can get goat. Cheap.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Home of the Dark 'n Stormy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Home of the Dark 'n Stormy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Calypso chicken, peas & rice, cabbage delight. Startingly good. Friendly service. Enjoyed my first Carib beer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

Washington, D.C.
“Beyond Ultra Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

Beyond Ultra Rude: The Islander Caribbean Restaurant
On 10.12.07, had the displeasure of owners (mother & son) yelling at my 11 yr old daughter, husband and me after we experienced a personal health emergency in the ladies room. The mother belittled & berated us while we were in the rest room and as we left it to return to our seats, never expressing care or concern for our well being. When I told her we had an emergency, she accused me of talking on the phone, ranting about how old she was and how many years she's been in business. While shouting, her son bolted in front of me. As a veteran worldwide diner, a native Washingtonian, and a professional woman with advanced degrees, their total lack of customer service was beyond ultra rude; it's pathetic & shameful. Their distasteful behavior left such a bad taste in our mouths that we left, not wanting to trust their food service.