“Classic and wonderful food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Fountain Cafe

Little Fountain Cafe
2339 18th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20009-1814 (Adams Morgan)
202-462-8100
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Transit: Adams-Morgan/Woodley Park Metro is about a 10 minute walk.
Woodbridge, VA
“Classic and wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love going to this cafe - the warm welcome .. the truly wonderful food... And a cute patio that you can dine on in warmer weather. The bar upstairs is a great place to meet and greet friends. 6 Stars!!

Visited January 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Do I want to split the bill???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Went on a Friday night. The deco inside is cosy, but because it is in the basement, I nearly missed it. Too bad the front let it down, I believe if it has a more noticeable entrance, the restaurant would attract more clients. The service is good. Though I made a reservation via Open Table, and requested a table by the window, when I arrived, the only table that was by the window was occupied, so I am not too please about that. Now the food is contemporary American. All the dishes were well prepared apart from everything was a bit too salty for my taste. My dining companion ordered duck, that was well cooked to medium rare. We were really surprised to see the portion was European size, which means it is way too small by American standard. When it comes to dessert, the apple dumpling was not really a dumpling. My Cream Brûlée was their own take i.e. their version of it, it was in a tiramisu cup, very tiny and was not made on the spot, which is what I would have get in Paris, and come out in a tiny oven bake dishes.

The service was adequate but not exceptional. The waitress ask if we want to split the bill. I do not know why she make that assumption!!

That is why I gave it a 3 stars. There is room for improvement, but it is ok for a Friday night.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

The food was excellent beginning with the bread as well as the salad and our entrees. We have been disappointed so many times with restaurants that are suppose to have quality food - didn't happen here.
The bread was freshly made with a wonderful spread. The Caesar salad was fresh (not from a bag), with freshly made caesar dressing. The wild coho salmon with dill sauce was fresh, cooked perfectly and not overwhelmed with sauce. The grilled beef tenderloin was so tender you could cut it with a fork, the mashed potatoes had an special flavor that reminded you of bearnaise sauce. The coffee was full, fresh, robust and flavorful. We throughly enjoyed our meal was well as the cozy atmosphere. The service could be improved with just alittle more graciousness.
Overall, if you are looking for a small, quaint, romantic place to dine with excellent food....you will surely enjoy the Little Fountain Cafe.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
usa
“I wanted to reallly like this place.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was visiing my college daughter in DC and trying to find some interesting, non chain, non celebrity chef type restaurants. I happened to come across a review of Little Fountain and thought it would be a great place as we had wanted to check out Adams Morgan. It was fine. That's it. I didn't mind the dated decor or the very slow service (though we were on a tight schedule so had to let our waitress know we needed attention) but I only found the food average. We shared the cheese plate starter which was good but very small. I had the chicken dish which I had read good was so delicious but it was so basic. My daughter really enjoyed hte mushroom ravioli. We shared the apple dumpling for dessert which was good. Again, only good. I had higher hopes for his place.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grecia, Costa Rica
“I used to eat here all the time, now I make a point whenever I am in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This restaurant has been around for a long while and has never been a disappointment. It is very small, can be a good place for a romantic meal.

The first time I ate here must have been about 13 or even 14 years ago or more, and every time I am in town I make a point of stopping in. The menu changed but is never boring. The food is prepared with skill and creativity.

Adams Morgan where the restaurant is located is also a fun strip with nightlife all the time. Never a dull moment!

If you love good food and are in DC make a point of stopping by.
Cheers